20.

the rest of the day after that was ruined.

calum offered to stay home from work to cheer me up, but all i wanted to do was lay in bed and cry.

which is exactly what i did.

the boys came home and i couldn't muster up the energy to leave my room.

luke tried to come up and talk to me, but left after i didn't respond.

how could i respond?

i was heartbroken.

eventually i fell asleep and woke up to a soft knock on my door.

it was ashton.

"i know exactly what will cheer you up, christmas shopping." ashton spoke in a cheery voice.

he was always in a good mood.

"i don't want too." i groaned as i tried to sit up.

"ashton, i cant even sit up." i whined as i laid there pathetically on my bed.

ashton opened the door and chuckled, "here, how about you help with list making and cooking."

"we still have a week before christmas!" i laughed.

"that may be the case, but it's not everyday you get to spend loads of money for people." ashton smiled as he helped me out of bed.

i walked over to my bathroom and brushed my teeth and hair before walking downstairs.

i grabbed a piece of paper and pen.

all of the boys gathered around the table.

"so, im going to need to entrust two of you to help me buy gifts." i spoke with a smile.

"no problem." calum smiled as he tried to contain his laugh.

"what's so funny?" i questioned.

"you seem so serious right now. it's cute." calum
pointed out.

"what do we want for christmas dinner?" i spoke completely ignoring his comment.

"mac and cheese!" luke shouted.

"jeez luke! i'm going to go deaf." michael complained. "definitely turkey."

"mash potatoes!" ashton chimed in.

"vegetables." calum added with a smile.

"i want something oddly specific, green bean casserole." i spoke softly as i wrote down everyone's requests.

"now go away! i have to make my list." i smirked as i motioned for them to all leave.

luke: new guitar (broken)
michael: video games (duh)
calum: beanie and new boots
ashton: sun glasses, flannel, and clothes (ashton loves clothes)

perfect!

i divided the sheet and gave calum luke and ashton's and gave ashton calum and michael's.

i spent the rest of the day going over which ingredients we had for each dish.

i made a huge list of groceries and handed it to michael.

"we need that much?" he gasped as he looked at the list in front of him.

"it's not my fault you guys have absolutely nothing in your house." i laughed.

"ugh, fine i'll go pick it up tomorrow okay?" michael spoke with an eye roll.

i nodded and sat down on the couch next to him.

"do you guys all get christmas off?" i asked.

"we do actually." michael laughed.

"we all requested it off at the beginning of the year." michael smiled.

i nodded and slowly leaned against his shoulder.

"i'm sorry for how much i've put on you guys." i whispered.

"don't be. that's what we are here for. rather you come to us then avoid the situation all together." michael replied.

"i promise i won't be a burden after she is born." i spoke softly as i slowly drifted to sleep.

"you could never be a burden scarlet. never ever." michael spoke.

————

i woke up the next morning with a blanket wrapped around me and a note saying that the boys had left for work.

i decided to clean up the house a bit before settling down on the couch.

i was going to watch netflix when i decided i was going to play video games.

i opened the first game which was the legend of zelda and started playing.

to say the least, the game was extremely addicting.

i quickly lost track of time and soon enough the boys were entering the house with bags and bags of groceries and gifts.

i was almost on the last level.

"what the fuck!" i heard michael scream from behind me.

"what?" i asked keeping my eyes focused on the screen.

"how did you get to almost the last level in a day?" he questioned as he sat down next to me completely shocked.

"skill." i shrugged as i handed him the remote after completing the level.

"how was work?" i asked as i stood up with michael's help.

"it was good. i think we all had exceptionally good days." calum smiled.

i nodded.

"tomorrow is the day before christmas. so it's going to be busy. can i entrust you and ashton on cooking duty?" calum spoke with a smile.

"of course!" ashton and i answered in unison.

"i have to go in tomorrow with cal, so michael, you're on wrapping duty." luke spoke.

"i'm going to go to bed then. my fingers need rest." michael spoke with a smile before heading up.

"weakling." i muttered.

"i heard that!" michael shouted from the top of the stairs.

"whatever." i grumbled as i headed up myself.

"good night guys!" i shouted as the top hearing a unison of responses.

then it hit me, this was going to be my first christmas alone.