6.

i woke up the next morning feeling a bit better than yesterday.

mom still hasn't called or texted.

i looked down and saw the IV in my arm and slowly took it out.

i hated fucking needles.

"hey, don't take that out." luke spoke as he entered the room.

"too late." i mumbled as i held the IV out to him.

luke sighed and took it from my hand.

"could i ask you something?" luke asked as he sat down in front of me.

"sure?" i replied with a tiny frown.

"i don't know if calum talked with you about it, but what's the huge scar on the inside of your wrist from?" luke asked softly.

i stared at him blankly before responding, "just an accident. don't worry about it."

"you don't have to tell me what it's from, but is it self harm?" luke spoke.

"nope." i spoke quickly.

a white lie never hurt anyone.

————

luke left the room after scribbling down comments in my chart.

i picked up my phone and still saw no text from mom.

i gently placed my hand on my stomach and felt tears come into my eyes.

i had a living being inside of me.

i heard someone clear their throat next to me and looked over to see calum standing there.

"h-hey." i stuttered as i quickly moved my hand from my stomach.

"hey baby, how are we feeling today?" he asked with a soft smile.

"a lot more energized." i smiled back.

"good! what happened to your IV? did luke take it out?" he asked as he stared at my arm.

"i took it out on my own actually." i shrugged.

calum gave me a 'i told you never to do that look' before sitting down in the chair next to me.

"so, i'm going to bring in dr. garcia to tell us about the next steps." calum spoke softly.

"is mom going to come?" i asked.

"i don't know. i texted her the time, she didn't respond." calum spoke slowly.

i was about to reply with a snarky response when bella came walking in with a big smile and sat down in front of me.

"hey beautiful! i'm glad you've made the decision that you think is best for you. so, let's talk what to do next. you're currently in your first trimester. you're currently around 3 weeks pregnant, so i'm assuming you haven't felt any of the symptoms yet. by week 6-8 you may start to develop symptoms such as, vomiting, sourness, cravings. it's completely normal. if you start to spot, come in. it might not mean there is a problem, but we rather be safe then sorry. any questions?" bella spoke with a smile.

"when do you want me to come in again?" i asked.

"come back in about 4 weeks." bella smiled.

i nodded and laid back down, "sorry, i'm so tired."

"don't apologize! you have a right to be tired, there's a human growing inside of you. i'm surprised your not starving right now." bella laughed as she stood up.

"thank you." calum spoke as he turned his attention to me.

"what do you think? livable?" he spoke softly.

"livable as long as my mom doesn't kill me." i spoke with an eye roll.

"she's not going to kill you baby, i'll make sure she doesn't kill you." calum spoke with a tiny chuckle.

little did he know......

calum left the room a couple moments later on a 911 page.

i grabbed my phone and called mom's number.

"what?" mom asked firmly.

"can you come sign discharge papers for me?" i asked.

"when i'm done, you can wait." mom spoke before hanging up.

so much for us getting along.

———

it was now 8 pm and mom still hasn't come to sign the papers.

i gave her another call and got no response.

all of the boys had gone home because they assumed that my mom had come to pick me up.

i sighed and called calum.

"hello?" he spoke in a groggy voice.

he was sleeping.

"o-oh never mind." i stuttered as i went to hang up.

"baby, i'm already awake? what's up?" he spoke.

"m-mom never came to pick me up. i'm still here at the hospital." i spoke slowly.

"what? are you fucking kidding me? stay there, i'll come get you." calum groaned as he hung up.

i slowly stood up out of the bed and walked outside of the hospital room.

i sat down on the chairs and watched the time tick by.

about 10 minutes later, calum came walking in.

"can i sign the discharge papers? i'm dating her mom." calum spoke.

"i- "i'm here. why the hell are you still here?" mom asked as she walked in.

"why are you fucking 6 hours late to pick your daughter up?" calum spoke with a tiny glare.

"why do you care? she's pregnant now, she has to be responsible. get her own shit down." mom spoke.

"she's a minor? she's 16. she can't sign her own discharge papers, her mom has to do that for her." calum spoke angrily.

"w- "just stop please, i want to go home."