Chapter 23

THE HALE LOFT, MONDAY, 7:10 A.M

"Why did we have to do this here?" Derek asked, staring down at the candles neatly organized into a pattern on the floor. "Peter is already enough to deal with," he added, which earned him a glare from his uncle.

"There's more space here," Dean said, "and less obstacles in the way. It gives us more space if he decides to try something."

"He's Lucifer," Lydia stated. "Of course he's gonna try something."

"He won't try anything as long as he's not genuinely provoked," Sam assured.

"Basically," Dean added, "let us do the talking."

The crowd watched as Dean lit each of the candles, which immediately ignited the pattern within the circle that was drawn out with mixed herbs. They watched as the fire burned.

"Nothing's happening," Malia stated after an entire minute of silence.

"Wait for it," Cas stated, and, a few seconds later, a figure appeared out of thin air, standing in the middle of the ignited circle with a smug expression.

"I have been summoned," the demon stated, looking around. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"This ain't a meet an' greet," Dean replied firmly. "We just got a few questions, then you can be on your way."

"Such a rude greeting after such a long time," Lucifer acknowledged in fake hurt.

"We're looking for a boy," Sam said, ignoring the statement before holding out a picture of Stiles that Scott had given to the hunter. "His name is Mieczyslaw Stilinski. He goes by Stiles. He's a spark with a bounty, and he went missing fairly recently. If you know something, anything, tell us now."

"Hm, a spark," Lucifer began, seemingly genuinely intrigued. He stepped toward the edge of the burning circle before examining the crowd. "I don't think I've ever met one in person, but it'd be a pleasure to. Unfortunately, I haven't seen your freind."

"Do you have any idea where he could be?" Dean asked. "Are there any specific places sparks are contained? Is there anywhere you can think of that he could be? Anyone you know that could've wanted to get their hands on him?"

"Hm," Lucifer hummed again. "Well, sparks are rare. They've practically been non-existent until now. Whoever knows of his identity is sure to be after him. You're out of luck. He could be anywhere with anyone."

"Well, this was a blow," Lydia sighed.

"Maybe not," Lucifer stated with a grin.

"We're not here to negotiate. We just wanted information," Sam intervened, but Lucifer simply waved him off.

"What kind of spark is he? What ranking?" Lucifer questioned to no one in particular.

"Delta," Kira stated.

"There's goes the whole "let us talk" plan," Sam sighed, and Dean simply shook his head.

"Ah, yes, yes," Lucifer started. "I may have a plan then."

"We don't wanna hear anything you have to say. We got our information. Now it's time for you to go," Cas said.

"Are you sure you don't wanna hear it? It's a great plan?" Lucifer tried.

"Let him talk," Alice suddenly demanded, causing everyone to avert their eyes to her.

"She's a smart one," Lucifer noted while pointing at Alice. "Here's what I think. There's a big chance that your spark friend has a particular ability that will aid in my favor since he's a delta. I will help you find him if you can guarantee he can help me."

"We don't know all of his abilities," Deaton said. "He could have some that we still don't know of. Just because there's a big chance doesn't mean it's a guarantee. Who's to say you won't turn on us in the end?"

"There is no telling really," Lucifer agreed, "but I've been contained for too long. I'd like to get out, and meeting this boy would be a pleasure enough."

"What is this ability you're looking for?" Cas asked.

"Some deltas have the universal ability to transfer one's soul into another body," Lucifer explained.

"Why would that concern you?" Sam questioned. "You can jump form body to body on your own."

"Yes," Lucifer began, "but that body's never truly mine. It's just a vessel. This," he gestured toward his body, "is just a vessel. I'm just a host, but a delta spark, with the ability, can transfer a soul into a body while fusing them together, making the soul and body one. I wouldn't just be a host. I'd be a person."

"Why would you want that?" Bella asked.

"Well, Hell can be a bit boring when everyone's too scared to interact with you, and everyone in Heaven is too nice. It makes me puke," Lucifer released a fake gag. "Of course, if this were to take place. This body would have to die first, and I'd lose all my current memories, but I'd retain my demon abilities."

"Has this ever been done before?" Dean asked. "Has anyone ever tried to humanize a supernatural being?"

"Well, I'd still have my powers," Lucifer countered, "but I'd probably become more of a standard demon, and, to my knowledge, no, no one has tried such a thing."

"This all sounds wonderful," Rosalie began sarcastically, "but what if Stiles doesn't have that ability?"

"Then I guess I remain Lucifer, King of Hell, so sad," the demon replied with fake disappointment. He then looked toward Sam and Dean, continuing with, "do we have a deal?" The brothers shared a glance, momentarily communicating with their eyes.

"If you try anything," Dean started, "and I mean anything. If you even look at one of us the wrong way, you're done. It's two dozen against one."

"Noted," Lucifer responded as he held us his hands, palms facing outwards.

Dean and Sam glanced at each other once more before the older of the two kneeled down and blew out the flame of one of the candles, causing all of the flames to slowly fade away. Lucifer stepped out of the circle he was once contained in before he cracked his neck.

"It's been a while," the demon king stated, holding out his hand. "It's nice to see us working on the same side for once."

"Yeah," Sam said slowly, yet he didn't take Lucifer's extended hand, "for once."

[EDITED]