Chapter 20

STILINSKI RESIDENCE, MONDAY, 4:47 A.M.

Stiles awakened to the sound of what he thought was breaking glass. His ears twitched upon hearing the noise. He could tell it wasn't nearby, so it must've been due to his enhanced hearing that he was able to properly acknowledge the commotion.

Stiles slowly sat up and looked around. His room was in tact and the same way he left it before he went to sleep. There was nothing out of the ordinary, but that didn't mean every room in the house was untampered with.

The boy slowly stood. He was poised to grab the wooden bat leaning against his wall, but he remembered at that moment that he wasn't a simple human anymore. Despite the fact that he didn't have full control of his powers, he decided to put his trust in fate and leave the comfort of his room, fully depending on his newfound abilities to keep him safe.

He knew his father wasn't home. He was working late at the station. Plus, even if he did come home, he wouldn't make such a ruckus.

Stiles scanned the second floor before slowly descending down the stairs, careful not to make any sudden movements that would alert the intruder.

When he reached the first floor, he peered around the wall of the stairwell, glancing into the living before looking into  the kitchen. He stepped out into the open when he saw no one, but halted when something crunched beneath his bare foot.

He winced, but resisted the urge to make any further noise as he lifted his foot and averted his attention to the floor where shards of broken glass laid. Thankfully, the pieces of glass that were stuck in his foot fell out as the small wounds began to heal, leaving only specs blood behind.

Stiles lifted his head at the feeling of a cold breeze to find the window behind the dining table in the kitchen broken, shattered so much that the glass had managed to reach the hallway.

Stiles could feel, hear, his own heartbeat pick up, but he forced the rest of his body to remain calm as he attempted to channel one or any of his abilities.

The boy's hands glowed a faint violet as his magic surfaced, and he slowly began to approach the window. His eyes emitted a purple glow as his night vision kicked in, so he could see every aspect of the house properly.

Upon reaching the shattered window, Stiles took a quick glance outside, and, when he saw nothing out of the ordinary, he looked around the kitchen. He scanned the rest of the first floor, yet he saw or found nothing of any concern.

"Maybe it was a bird," Stiles muttered to himself. Although, it'd have to be a pretty big bird to break the whole window.

Stiles shook his head as he prepared to go back up the stairs, but he paused when he heard faint footsteps. He whipped around just in time to see multiple cloaked figures enter the room at a quick pace.

"Finally," one of the strangers said, grinning from ear to ear as his red eyes pierced Stiles' chocolate brown ones. "We've found you."

[EDITED]