Chapter 25

VOLTERRA, ITALY, MONDAY 7:42 A.M.

"Keep your heads low and stay quiet," Edward stated as soon as they stepped into the town of Volterra.

"Wouldn't matter if we spoke anyway," Malia said. "These people don't speak English."

"The Volturi do," Rosalie began, "so let us doing the talking. We don't need you to get on their bad side."

"Noted," Kira muttered quietly.

"Let's refrain from bringing everyone," Carlisle said as he turned to face the crowd. "We'll go," he continued, referring to him and his family, "and Stiles' pack will go. We don't want to bring too many unfamiliar faces. We may come off as a threat. The rest of you can keep watch out here. Please try not to draw too much attention to yourself."

"Tell that to the tatted up broods," Lydia replied while grabbing Scott's arm. "Let's go."

The Cullens and the McCall pack headed toward the Volturi residence as the Winchester brothers, Jack, Castiel, Lucifer, and the Shadowhunters roamed around outside.

"You think he's here?" Lydia asked Scott as they followed their vampire companions to the large, church-like building that stood at the heart of the town.

"I hope he's here, so we don't have to keep looking," Scott began, "but I also hope he's not. From what we've heard, the Volturi can be dangerous when they want to be. If they took Stiles, it's probably not for a good reason."

"Let's hope they have him, and he's fine," Lydia replied, "and let's hope we can get out of here without a fight."

The McCall pack stayed a safe distance from the Volturi's home as Carlisle walked up the front steps, prepared to knock on the door. However, before he could, the doors swung open to reveal  a crowd of cloaked figures, who were all pale and red-eyed.

"Why, why, hello," one of the vampires said, long black hair framing his face. "If it isn't the Cullen's."

"Aro," Carlisle nodded.

"You must have something urgent to discuss if you've come all the way out here," Aro replied before his eyes fell upon the people he didn't know, "and you've brought friends."

"We're looking for someone," Carlisle stated, "Mieczyslaw Stilinski. He goes by Stiles."

Aro hummed as an uncertain gleam tinted his eyes. He looked around at his companions, silently telling the people in front of him that he knew something.

"Why do you look for this person?" Aro asked.

"He's our ally," Carlisle said before gesturing to the McCall pack, "and their freind, family. We've had assumptions that he may be in this town. We ask if you've seen him."

"He has not been wandering around here," Aro answered, "but, if we seen him, we'll let you know. After all, you are our allies."

"You know something," Bella claimed, and Aro narrowed his eyes.

"Are you claiming me as a liar?" the ancient vampire asked.

"No," Bella replied, "but I'm saying you know something you're not saying."

"Yes, yes, fine," Aro sighed. "We know of the location of a Mieczyslaw Gajos, but no Mieczyslaw Stilinski, so you may go now."

"Mieczyslaw Gajos?" Scott questioned in a confused tone. "That's impossible. He's dead."

"Yes, that's probably what he wants you to think, but, don't worry, all will end soon," Aro stated. "Now, if you'll excuse us, we have to prepare for upcoming guests."

"You don't have Mieczyslaw Gajos, you have Mieczyslaw Stilinski, his grandson, who is also a spark," Derek snapped to which Scott added, "his grandfather died a long time ago. It's a misunderstanding. Whatever feud you had with Mieczyslaw Gajos ended as soon as he died. Stiles hasn't done anything."

"Not yet," Aro scoffed. "He's a spark, a poison to other species like us. I honestly don't understand why you kept him around."

Derek stepped forward, but Carlisle threw his arm out to prevent the werewolf from approaching the Volturi, who were now on guard.

"Stiles isn't a threat. There is no reason to hold him captive," Carlisle said. "Please release him, unharmed, and we'll be on our way. This doesn't have to end in a fight."

"No one said anything about fighting," Aro replied. "What's so precious about this boy that you would risk your lives to get him back?"

"We having feelings, unlike you," Malia growled, and Aro raised a brow.

"You'll have to tear us limb from limb before you get him. His execution is already planned. I even invited old friends," Aro explained.

Carlisle stepped forward, saying, "We will give you one more chance. Give us Stiles, or we'll force ourselves in."

"Do as you please," Aro grinned.

Carlisle glanced at Edward, who nodded before speeding away, returning with those who had previously stayed behind.

"It seems you were expecting a brawl," Aro hummed as his eyes scanned over the crowd in front of him. "So be it."

The enemies prepared for the battle to begin, but a sudden sound, a loud, ear piercing roar, stopped everyone in their tracks. Some even had to cover their ears to spare themselves from losing their hearing.

"Now that," Scott began as he balled his hands into fists, "was definitely Stiles."

[EDITED]