Chapter 22

VOLTERRA, ITALY, MONDAY, 7:10 A.M.

Stiles woke up in an unusual setting. He was on his knees with his arms stretched behind his back, cuffs around his wrists, which were connected to chains that were attached to the ground. His clothes were wrinkled and slightly tattered. He looked around to see three thrones in front of him. They were empty. The entire place seemed to be a castle or church of some sort, which didn't make him feel any better considering he definitely wasn't in Beacon Hills anymore.

He heard the sound of doors creaking open, but he couldn't look behind him due to his position, so he was forced to wait until multiple cloaked figure appeared in his peripheral vision and moved to stand in front of him. He immediately recognized one of them; it was the man from before, the one with the strangely wide smile, pale skin, black hair, and blood red eyes. However, his appearance didn't differ greatly from his peers. All of the beings had pale skin and red eyes. They were clearly vampires.

"Ah, the boy is awake," the black haired man said. He wore the same unusually wide smile on he face that had creeped Stiles out before.

"Where the hell am I?" Stiles questioned. The man raised an eyebrow and glanced around at his peers.

"That's no way to speak to your elders," the man stated. "I'm Aro. This is Caius and Marcus," he gestured toward the two men standing on either side of him, "and over there is Alec and Jane. However, you've met us already, have you not?"

"I'd call it more than a meeting," Stiles replied. "More like a kidnapping."

"Can you blame us?" Aro questioned as he, Caius, and Marcus sat in the three thrones that were positioned against the wall in front of him. "You pose as a great threat to our world."

"How—what?" Stiles questioned, his voice laced with confusion.

"Don't bathe in such disbelief," Aro said, "and surely don't attempt to act like the victim."

"Is this some sort of weird cult?" Stiles asked, looking around. "Am I gonna be a vampire sacrifice or something?"

"So you know of our kind, yet you still refuse to acknowledge the fact that you're our enemy?" Aro responded.

"I'm not an idiot. The pale skin and the red eyes would tip anyone off," Stiles said. He tugged at the cuffs around his wrists as they were starting to hurt. "I'm not new to the supernatural, so why don't you tell me why I'm here because my pack knows I'm gone and they don't take kindly to people like you."

"Is that a threat?" Aro's voice suddenly dropped, and Stiles gulped, yet he proceeded to uphold is snarky attitude.

"Yeah, I would assume you're familiar with those if you act like this 24/7," the boy stated, "so why am I here?"

"Mieczyclaw Gajos," Aro sighed, tapping his pale fingers against the side of his throne, "the ancient spark allied to Quileute Tribe, you shall not deceive the Volturi."

"Gajos?" Stiles questioned. "I'm a junior in high school from California!"

"Arguing will help you in no way," Aro said, clicking his tongue against the roof of his mouth. "You've hid for long enough. It is time you suffer for all the pain you've brought to our world. However, fortunately for you, I have some other business to attend to right now, so you shall be spared for a little while longer, but you will stay here until your time of death."

Stiles could do nothing but watch as Aro stood up and beckoned for the rest of the vampires that filled the room to follow him as he left.

The boy tugged at the chains holding him in placed and sighed. Unless he had something to pick the locks with, which he didn't, he had no way of escaping since there was no guarantee he could activate his power. All he could do was wait.

[EDITED]