⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯ 38 ◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆

"Aww, they fell asleep on the couch together," Alice whispered from the stairs as she peaked out into the living room.

"Cute," Ronin stated from behind her as they went down and into the kitchen. He opened a few cupboards and yawned "Scrambled eggs or pancakes?"

"Pancakes," I yawned as I pushed Laurent's arm off my waist and sat up.

"Good morning." Alice waved. "Yep, pancakes," she said, nodding to Ronin.

Someone knocked at the door. "I'll get it." I said, picking the blanket off the floor and spreading it over Laurent before making my way to the front door.

"Woah, how long did you kids stay up for last night?" Rifftan asked.

"Good morning, Lady Anna," Edith greeted me.

"Good morning. We ended up going to bed some time after the sun rose." I shrugged as I let the two of them in.

Laurent sleepily waved from the couch. "Morning."

I couldn't help giggling at his voice; it was deeper than what I am used to. A lethal weapon when it comes to making my heart flutter.

"I can make breakfast," Edith offered as she took up a spatula.

"I'll put your stuff in your room," Rifftan said excitedly as Edith shooed Ronin and Alice out of the kitchen. She likes being in charge in the kitchen. I wonder if she can teach me any good recipes?

I helped Laurent fold up and put away the blankets and pillows on the couch. "Looks like he really likes her cooking," Laurent commented.

"I'm excited to taste if it really is that good," I smiled, closing the small hallway closet. I tried to run a hand through my hair, but a few knots stuck. "I'm going to get cleaned up and change in my room," I said, letting the other know as I made my way upstairs.

DeleteCreated with Sketch.

Leo and I seemed to come out of our rooms at the same time. I in a casual sundress and him in a well-made officer's uniform. "Good morning," he said, tipping his hat as we made our way to the stairway.

I guess the event is really formal.

"Are you not scared you might get that dirty with breakfast?" I asked as we made our way down.

"I've got a lot of work to do, so I'm not planning on eating anything beside lunch at the tower," he explained.

Edith must have overheard since she stopped him midway. "No young man should be skipping such an important meal!"

"I'm not really one for breakfast," Leo tried to explain.

"Come now, come while the food is hot," she said as she laid a plate of pancakes down on the dining table where everyone was sitting.

Rifftan nodded. "Trust me. You'll never miss any of her meals once you taste her cooking."

I shrugged as Leo glanced at me before sitting down. I'm not complaining. Food is good breakfast, lunch, dinner— as long as there are no chunky onions.

The pancakes didn't just smell like heaven; the taste was a perfect combination of fluffy vanilla and caramel.

Leo ended up loving them. He had left with a few other guards when he was called, with Laurent going with them after asking me if he could be the one to pick up Milo from training.

I locked the front door just in case before I went upstairs to my room, pulling a note pad and pen from my desk drawers and trying to write out my plan.