⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯ 6 ◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆

It took us more than an hour for almost everyone to climb up from the ravine. Daniel had to tie the rope to Leo since he was in no shape to try and climb up by himself.

Laurent was still down there, just in case something happened. They decided Leo should hold the baby while we hauled him up.

I saw Ells drop the rope down for Laurent to climb before he fell to the ground, breathing heavily just like the rest of us.

Leo looked drained, dirt clinging to him like a coat as I helped take the baby from him. He's fine. Were finally out of here. The blanket is clean and the baby is perfectly safe. He fell asleep soon after Laurent had climbed up to ground level, his fever still burning strong. I sat down next to him.

"Where do we do from here?" Dowin asked as he pat the dirt from his clothes.

I don't even know at this point.

"Let's go to her place." Ells pointed at me.

I don't like that idea. Leo's head fell onto my shoulder as he slept; I didn't shrug him off. It would be better if Leo had a bed to sleep off his fever though. But he won't be able to walk home with us until he starts feeling better. "What about him? Are we going to carry him?"

Ells frowned at Leo as the sky started to grow darker.Everything smells like broken up dirt.

"We can stay the night here and see if he gets better tomorrow morning," Laurent offered.

"Heck no! I'm not spending the night out here," Ell's exclaimed. "You guys can't be serious about staying. Anna, it's smarter to leave him here. Maybe even leave the baby with him; someone might come by and help them out, but we can't." Dowin nodded along with him.

What is wrong with him? Is he even realizing what he's saying is complete insanity!

"It seems like you guys are convinced," Laurent said. His expression of disgust un-masked. Alice gnawed on her lip, thinking it over. I can't believe they would even think of such a thing.

Ells rolled his eyes as he stood up. "We are going." He grabbed my wrist and jerking my upright.

"Don't touch her like that," Laurent warned. Standing up the same time everyone but Leo did.

"Okay, I'll go," I said hastily. "But I am coming back here the moment I show you where to stay. I'm not going to leave Leo. Let go of me already." I twisted out of Ells hold.

"I'm staying," Laurent said.

"Dowin?" Ells is making us divide the group and take sides.

"Going," Dowin confirmed.

"I want to go," Alice stated, looking to Crete. He shook his head and stood next to Laurent, drawing the line.

"Let's just go," I said, feeling pissed off. I handed Laurent the baby, completely ignoring Ells and stalking towards the path. There crazy. This is why I left them, they are selfish irresponsible kids.

Alice walked to my side. "Slow down!" She's almost breathless. She kept trying to say something but all I could think about was how easily they agreed to leave a sick boy. With a defenseless baby outside just to comfort themselves!

The walk felt shorter than I expected as I stopped at the top of a hill overlooking my neighborhood. I'll get rid of them and get back to the others.

It's not a pretty sight. All the roads are cracked, with deep holes in the pavement. Most of the houses aren't in tact; walls crumbled down in useless heaps of rubble.