⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯ 33 ◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆

It hurts to breathe.

Every tiny movement is making my head pound. My hands feel numb, the cold creeping closer to my heart and dragging its ridged spikes from my fingertips and slowly into the rest of my body.

I feel like I am dying. I think I want to die.

Someone pulled me up into a sitting position, and my lugs burned with a sharp sting. Warm hands held me close as something was said and a small pill was placed into my palm.

I don't want to drink it.

I'm given a cup of ice-cold water. My throat feels scratched as I force myself to swallow. Almost spilling the water as I try to lay back down. It hurts; everything hurts. Everything around me is making noise as loud as thunder, and it sends stabbing thobs of lightning straight to my head.

Alice's scream racks a shiver out of my body as I'm once again trying to pull my blood-soaked clothes off. I'm still there. I am still in my room with those blood-stained walls.

"Don't wake up," Crete's voice echoed as he stepped closer to me. The frayed end of the rope still tightly bound around his neck.

I hate you. For all that you have done and made me feel. Why did you have to kill them?

Why couldn't I stop you?

I closed my eyes, hoping to erase his face from my sight, but I can't move. Frozen in place on the floor of my room as his purple lips twist up into a smile.

I envy the people who have never met you, Crete.

I'm dreaming. This isn't real. How can it be when I'm seeing him all around me? My feet aren't on the floor anymore. Now I'm standing on a dark void. I'm shaking, a sick anticipation looming over me.

If I move I fall.

This place again.

"Come now, I told you-"

I took a step forward, choosing to fall rather than listen to Crete's haunting voice.

"She's awake!" Donna exclaimed as I jolted upright.

I glanced around quickly at the walls my skin flushing hot. I must have been dreaming of something colorful on them. A sense of dejavu ghosted in the back of my head as I pulled my hair out of my face. "Where am I? Where is Alice?"

What happened?

"You are in the guard tower; Alice is just a room over. Are you alright? How are you feeling?" Donna asked as she touched my forehead.

I pulled away from her, feeling sticky from sweat. "I'm fine, I just have a headache for some reason." I feel like I'm still half asleep right now. Why is Alice in the guard tower? Is she alright?

"I gave you some pain relief medicine for your headache; you're having a fever right now."

No wonder I feel like my body is breaking down— I'm just having a fever.

"Would you want me to give you some time alone?" Donna asked worriedly.

"That would be nice. Thanks, Donna."

She nodded before leaving the room.

The bed's uncomfortable, so I slowly pulled myself out of the cocoon of blankets pulled around me. I took the pillow with me as I wandered out of the room and into the towers hallway. It's quiet. Sturdy, dark wood walls were cut and placed in a way that felt strong. I want to go to sleep, but I don't know where to go.