Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Isabelle’s POV

“Oliver!”

“What?” He asked as he runs back up the jungle gym and slides back down the slide. Maybe coming to the park wasn’t a very good idea.

“Stop acting like a three year old and come here!”

“What if I say no? What are you going to do?” He challenged me, once again climbing up the stairs of the jungle gym.

I sighed in annoyance and made my way towards him. When I’d finally reached him, he cowered away from my hand and hurried for the slide again. “Oh, no you don’t.” I muttered and just as he turned towards me with wide eyes, I tugged on the front of his shirt. And because he weighed like double how much I weighed, he blindingly pulled me forward, me falling down the slide head first. I screamed the whole way down.

“You scream like a girl!” Oliver yelled, his body bobbing up and down beneath me in laughter.

“That’s because I am a girl!” I retorted and set my hands on his chest to sit up between his legs. God, that was a hard fall. He feels like a damn rock.

“Okay. Let me rephrase that. I mean a little girl.”

“I’ll show you a little girl.” I growled and dug my elbow in his gut. He gasped at the sudden pain, fumbling to remove my arms. “Now say you’re sorry, mister.”

“Get off Izzy! You’re crushing me!” He groaned out, still trying to move away but failing miserably.

“Say sorry.” I told him, leaning in closer to his face. I grinned when he abruptly breathed in. “You know I could do this all day, Oliver.”

“Fine! I’m sorry!”

I released a little pressure on his stomach but didn’t fully get off just yet. “And say you’re the biggest dumbass out there. Say it.”

“I’m the biggest dumbass out there! Get off!”

I moved from on top of him quickly and snorted. “You actually said it! I was just kidding! HAHAHA!”

Then before I realized what was happening, I was pushed back down to the ground with Oliver hovering over me. I stared at him in disbelief. “You’re really mean, Iz. You know that?”

I gulped at how close he was to me and pressed my lips together nervously. I couldn’t talk, afraid that if I even muttered a word, our lips would ultimately touch.

“Maybe you need someone to bring out the amiable you.” He teased, tilting his head slightly to the side. “The nice you.”

I pressed myself farther down into the ground. “And who do you think should do that?”

A smirked crossed his lips as he leaned down closer towards me, his mouth parting slightly. Mine moved slowly towards his. It was a perfect movie moment until Oliver broke into a fit of laughter. I groaned in frustration at his immaturity.

“I couldn’t do it! I couldn’t do it!” He laughed even harder, putting both of his hands firmly on the ground on either side of me to hold himself up.

“This is like the third time you broke out of character, Oli. And we only did this three times.” I told him, shoving him off from on top of me. He landed on his back beside me, clutching at his stomach from all the laughing. “If you always act like this when we’re about to kiss, Ash will find us out and then what do I tell him?”

He didn’t answer me. He only continued to roll in the dirt, laughing his ass off.

“I give up. I—“

I furrowed my brows when I noticed a random little girl in a pink dress walk up to Oliver. “Hi.”

Oliver stopped laughing so fast that I couldn’t help but laugh at his face expression and glanced up at the girl. “Hi?”

“Are the both of you dating or something?” She asked.

Oliver and I both caught each other’s eyes for a moment, and then broke into laughter.

“Me? And—him!?”

“Her? And me?!”

The both of us laughed and laughed until we literally started to tear up a bit. Why did she even ask such a stupid question like that? Like me and Oliver are dating! Not even when poop starts to talk like Mr. Hankey!

”You didn’t have to laugh at me. Bitch.” The girl mumbled angrily and kicked Oliver in his side, stalking off. My eyes went wide in surprise as Oliver moaned in pain. Damn. Kids these days literally spit out profanities.

My eyes followed the girl as she made her way to a very large man sitting on one of the park benches. He leaned over for her to whisper something in his ear, then after a moment his attention turned to Oliver and I.

“Oliver, I think we better get out of here.” I told him, getting ready to get up as the girl and the big guy started towards us.

“Why—“

“That’s them, daddy. She tried to rape me.”

The big terminator-looking guy eyed me. “Is that true?”

My mouth fell open at her words. “You’re—She’s lying!” I furiously took a step forward, balling my fist. “You little brat. I’m going to fuck you up.”

“See, daddy! She just said she wants to have sex with me.”

I laughed with humor. “No, I said I’m going to fuck you up. Meaning, I’m going to kick your ass up and down this whole park.”

“Daddy!” The girl squealed and cowered behind her father’s legs, staring up at me with a smirk.

The father now literally had vein popping out of his head in anger. But I could care less. Fearlessly, I confronted him. “You think you’re big and bad Bruce Banner? Because after I’m done with your daughter over there, I can kick your ass too. I have all the time in the world.”

The father rolled up both his sleeves. “Really now?”

“Yep. Really.” Before I could even land a hand on the guy, dozens of hands grabbed my arms. I tried to squirm out of the grip, but the more I did, the more arms grabbed for me. “Let go of me!” I shouted and then stopped when I felt cuffs go around my wrists. They were cops. “You’re arresting me? For what?!”

 “You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say or do can be used against you in the court of law. You have the right to an attorney and if you cannot afford one, one will be appointed to you…”

I looked over at Oliver to find his lips in a tight line.

As the cops hauled me towards the police car, I yelled out, “Don’t forget to bring them both to the station, Oliver! They both have to be there!”

I didn’t have the chance to see if Oliver heard me or not before the car started to drive away.

Oliver’s POV

“Hey.” I glanced down at Kate, the little girl. She had her arms crossed over her tiny chest, a hand out towards me. “My money?”

“Oh yeah.” I pulled out the twenty dollars Izzy had kept for her and handed it to her. “Thanks for helping.”

“No problem!” She squealed and ran back off with her dad.

I ran a hand through my hair nervously as I glanced down the street from where I’d last saw Isabelle.

I really hope she knows what she’s doing.

------------------------------------------------

Eww. This chapter isn't too good to me. I think no one will understand it at all...I really hate it lol

but whatver. what's done is done...

plz vote, fan, and comment!