Chapter 14 Part 3

Chapter 14 Part 3

Isabelle’s POV

“Wow.” I watched in amazement at the scene before me. Seb and Oliver had jumped into Mandy’s car and totally sped off like they were running from the cops. Why do they have to be so obvious about it? Jeesh.

I shook my head as I crossed the street towards the bridal shop. When I spotted Amber inside by the dressing room, I planted a big fake smile on my face. “So! You ready to find some dresses?”

Amber wheeled around, a very furious look on her face. “You have some nerve coming here.”

“Well what did you expect? You and Ash brought me with you…”I looked at her in confusion. “Did you, uh, take something?”

“What are you talking about?”

“Shut up!” She snapped, practically bouncing on her heels with anger. “I know what you did.”

I waited a moment for her to actually say what I did. When she didn’t I said, “Okay. And what I did was…?”

“You brought that kid and the old lady with beard here to get information out of me!”

“Wait, what?” I tried to sound innocent, but must’ve failed miserably. Of course those idiots would rat me out…

“You know what!” She pointed an accusing finger at me. “I warned Ash that you were here just to break us up and I was right. You’re just a crazy little whore who has no life but to meddle with someone else’s.”

That’s it. “Me the whore? Says the one whose most likely sleeping with another dude when you already have the most perfect man in the world!”

Amber froze at my words and surprisingly, so did I. Did I just admit that to her out of the blue? By the look on her face and a couple other random customers, I must’ve.

“You don’t know anything about what’s going on.” Amber snarled at me.

“Oh, I don’t? Well let me see. I know you are having a relationship with a man that’s certainly not your fiancé and from a very reliable source that you’re a certified gold-digger!”

“What source?”

“None of your god damn business.”

She groaned in anger. “Fine. Whatever. I’ll just tell Ash about you then let’s see what happens.”

“It’s not like he’ll believe you.” I told her. “Who will he believe? His fiancé he’s probably known for like, what, a couple of years? Or his best friend he’s known for most of his life?”

“Did you guys find anything yet? I’m about ready to…what happened?”

Amber and I turned to face Ash. He had changed back into his regular clothes, a bag in his hands. He must’ve found a tux to wear already.

“Nothing!” Amber exclaimed, wrapping her arms around him. “We were just talking about what kind of dresses we would prefer.”

Wow. She actually took the advice. I was kind of winging it by telling her that…

Ash hugged her back with a laugh. “Oh. Well did you guys find anything?”

“No. But I think we’re done for today.”

“Alright.” Ash turned to me. “You ready to go too then, Iz?”

I managed to tear my eyes away from Amber to nod. “All done.”