~ Our Journey Of Love - 13 ~

A Week Later

She stood by the shore devouring the peace and serenity the view was emitting but she knew it was a matter of some time until he would grace his presence after which she knew she either would dive in the ocean of love and peace or would turn oblivious to the fact that there was a time when she felt those emotions, when her heart was at peace, when she was loved and cherished as if she was the last women on earth who had a divine aura, when he was with her.

"Ishqi?!" He heard him and sighed. It was going to be a long evening she thought and she turned to face him. Once she turned to see him, it would be untrue of her to say she wasn't affected by presence, heck her heart skipped an entire beat.

"How can someone look so enchanting even in casual clothes?" She thought to herself while she almost immediately schooled herself for loosing her focus when she heard him calling her another time.

"Ishqi, tum theek ho na?" She heard him saying. Concern laced his tone but there was an underlying feeling she took time to understand. His Sadness.

She hummed in response and though he was not satisfied with the answer, he didn't ask her another time, he knew better things to do, he will talk to her doctor once he reaches his house. He immediately scoffed internally at the thought that how easily the word house replaced home in his dictionary. She was his home and without her that Mansion seemed nothing but a four walled prison, a prison he wanted to break but he knew it was only her who could make his house, their home again.

"Ahaan?!" She snapped in front of him and he realised he had zoned our for quite a while. But then, a thought rapidly rushed through his brain that made a small smile appear on his face. After a long time, she called her Ahaan instead of Mr. Malhotra. It was enough for him to feel freaking butterflies in his stomach, who said it was only girls who could feel this way? This woman whom he loved made him feel things he thought were forbidden for men to feel and was still unaware of it, of the effect she had on him.

He hummed in response not wanting her to know how he zoned out for the second time in a span of 2 minutes. But guess it was already late, for she was sitting down on the sand, her hand beside her as if she was patting it a while back for him to get the cue and sit but when he saw him zoned out again she grew a little irritated.

"I was just away for a year and this man has already developed some freaking mental health problem it seems." She thought to herself while she realised how that one year passed like a blink of an eye for her but for him it must be suffocating for him to pass each and every second that was ticking, she knew it, for God's sake he loved her. A man who could not even spend a day without her, spent a freaking whole year without her and what did she do in turn once she woke up? Vented all her frustration over him, she was wrong and she knew it, she had to apologise to him.

Gazing at him she again patted the sand beside her, getting the cue he sat and once he did, silence surrounded them. But this time it was a little different. It was not the usual silence which instigated in them the urge to speak, rather it was a silence that was peaceful, a silence that was like a warm blanket on a cold night, a silence that gave comfort just like a tree on a sunny day. This silence was not bothering but was a break, a break from their chaotic life, a break from the haze their life was going through.

A while later when she felt the silence overpowering them, she decided to break the ice and speak first.

"Waise mujhey laga nahi tha Mr. Ahaan Veer Malhotra bina ek bhi tane diye rait pe baith jayenge. Too unlikely of you, issey to accha hota do chaar taane maar hi dete aap 'ishqi, yeh hygenic nhi hai' , 'ishqi, keede makode ghoom rahe hote hai' 'ishqi, tumhari tabiyat kharab ho jaayegi'. But this Ahaan is too much for me to intake." she chuckled while a small smile adorned his lips and her heart started beating faster.

"This man will be the death of me." she thought and smiled.

"Tumse milne ke baad main, main raha hi kahan hu Ishqi." He said as his gaze travelled to meet her as if clarifying how she was way more soulful and enchanting than the view his eyes were absorbing till a while back.

"Sahi baat hai warna The Ahaan Veer Malhotra mere liye apna kaam, apni company chhod kar mere peeche paagalo ki tarah kabhi nahi ghoomte." She said sarcastically as if showing her disapproval.

"Sach kahun Ahaan jis din mujhey savitri aunty ne mujhey yeh bataya tha ki aapne mere liye company se resignation le liya hai, mujhey bahut bura laga tha. Aapne din raat ek kardiya tha wahan pahunchne tak, aur bas ek second main aapne wo sab chhod diya?" she said with a frown.

"Ishqi, us wakt tumse zyaada mujhey tumhari zaroorat thi. Kaam mere liye important tha par itna bhi nahi ki main tumhe ignore kardeta. Mujhey itna confidence tha khud pe that I knew ki even if I resign today I have enough skills and knowledge ki main wo makaam waapis pa sakta hun, par tum ishqi?! Tumhara kya? Tumhe kya lagta hai apni dadi se dhokha khane ke baad main kisi pe aankh band karke trust kar paata tumhe leke? Mainey apni aankhon se tumhe zindagi aur maut se ladte dekha hai ishqi, tumhe kya lagta hai yeh aasaan tha mere liye? Roz tumhe us bistar par un machines ke sahare zinda rehte dekh kar ehsaas hota tha ki kaise meri ek galti ki wajah se tum us halat main thi. Dam ghut-ta tha mera tumhe us halat main roz dekhke. Mainey apni bewakoofiyon ki wajah se tumhe kayi baar khoya hai ishqi, agar is baar kho deta to zinda nahi reh paata main." He said while wiping off the tear that trailed down from his eyes.

"Mujhey pata hai ishqi jo bhi mainey kiya can never be fixed by an apology, par phir bhi I am sorry ishqi, sorry for every single thing I've messed up since we met. I know main kabil nahi hun tumhare and you deserve someone better, someone who can promise to shower happiness in your life someone who can love you the way you are meant to be loved and clearly that someone isn't me. I know ishqi things have taken an ugly turn and now I dont want you to regret anything in your life. Isliye I request you, move on. Move on from me, from this relationship, everything that has held you back from achieving what you deserve."

"Dekh paayenge mujhey kisi aur ke saath waisi zindagi jeete hue jaisi hamey kabhi apne liye sochi thi?"

Saying that this one statement left him startled would be an understatement, in those mere seconds he imagined everything. Her falling in love with someone who wasn't him, her marrying him, her having those bitter sweet moments with someone else, her starting a family with him, her taking care of that man and their family, her growing old with the man he couldn't imagine. It took a lot of courage for him to say that he would be happy if she started her life with another man, but would he really be? He knew the answer. Heck he was really trying to be the man she deserved. The incident that occurred a year back came flashing in front of his eyes. How he was about to lose the only one who had loved him selflessly, how his mistakes have always put her life at risk and was he this selfish to cage her with him even when he knew she was not happy and safe? NEVER! The decision was not easy but he knew she deserved a life much better than the chaos and seeing her happy would automatically bring his heart at peace, it wouldn't matter if he wouldn't be the cause of her happiness, it wouldn't, right?

                                                                           ----------------------------                                                                                

  Do share your love and valuable feedback!

                                                                                       -Nivz! <3