~ Our Journey Of Love - 14 ~

"Ishqi tum maano ya nahi, par mere liye hamesha se tumhari khushiyaan, tumhara comfort aur tum priority rahi hai. Tumhari ek muskaan kaafi hai meri andheri zindagi main roshni bharne ke liye, mere aam din ko khaas banane ke liye. I love you, ishqi, I really do par mera pyaar itna selfish nahi hai ki tumhari udaasi ko apne pyaar ke liye kinare kar dun. Tumhari aankhon mein jo chamak hua karti thi, chali gayi hai ishqi tumhe kya laga main notice nahi karta? You don't deserve this life ishqi, you really don't. Isliye keh raha hun, chhod do mujhey Ishqi, live your life the way you always wanted to. Find yourself a man who can love you the way you are meant to be loved, a man who will cherish your presence, not a man who is such a loser like me." He said as a disappointed chuckle left his mouth.

"Can you shut up Mr. Malhotra?! Main koi do chaar saal ki bacchi nahi hun jissey bataya jaaye ki kya sahi hai aur kya galat. I am a mature adult who knows what is beneficial for her, usme aapki maddad ki zaroorat nahi hai mujhey." She said, closing her eyes releasing all the anger that

Listening to her made him realise how hell of an angry ball she had become. He couldn't utter a single word, not wanting to anger her any further. In the meantime he repeated her words in his mind and went numb when he realised what her words meant.

She wanted them together!

She freaking wanted them together!

"Ahaan, I know our lives have never been perfect and trust me it will never be, for perfection doesn't exist. I know the way I behaved in the hospital was wrong and I apologise for that. I am really sorry Ahaan, I shouldn't have had behaved the way I did, but it was just I needed some time to process the things that happened, it was not easy for me to know th..tha..that i..i l..ost my ch..child." She said, breaking in a pool of tears.

He felt as if an arrow pierced his heart and broke it into numerous pieces. Not able to hold his urge any further he hugged her and let her cry in his embrace till she ran out of tears. While his own eyes betrayed him and shed a few tears, he was quick enough to wipe them off without realising the fact that the women who was in his embrace at the moment knew him more than he could ever know himself. While he was busy engulfing her in his hold and wiping the traitor tears who decided to fall off without his will, he heard her.

"Aapko pata hai na mere saamne yeh macho man banne ki koshish nahi karni chahiye aapko. Aapko aapse behtar jaanti hun main. Apne aasun mat chipaye beh jaaye dijiye inhe aaj."

This was enough for him to break down completely in her hold. Losing his first child was never easy for him but he had to stay strong for his family. While days back then ended with him acting all strong and rushing around the hospital to bring all the medications required, the nights made him realise how lonely he was. How he had no one he could trust completely. How he had no shoulder he could cry on without being judged. How just one person - his wife, became everything his heart craved for, without his knowledge. How he just wasn't on the verge of losing his wife, but also a friend his soul found peace in, a mentor he always wished he had and of course his love without whom he couldn't even think to live a day without. It was tough for him. How sometimes he just wished how it should've been him in the situation she was in. The day she finally woke up after a bizarre year, his happiness knew no bounds, it felt as if he returned home after wandering aimlessly for a year. But when she snapped at him, he went deep into the pit of guilt and realised that he didn't deserved to be her husband. His sins were unforgettable and he knew she was right at her place and that's how he convinced himself that he will leave her life for her betterment. But today when after a full week she asked him to meet her he couldn't control himself and literally ran to meet her. Though he didn't forget to share his thoughts over how she should leave him, this moment made him realise how he couldn't even live a moment without her, do hell with the thought of him living without her for a lifetime.

They remained in each other's embrace till a while soaking in all the warmth they radiated. The very warmth they missed since the previous year.

After a while they broke the hug and parted, missing the warmth almost immediately.

"Ishqi, are you sure tum hamey ek aur chance dena chahti ho? I don't want you to regret this decision ever."

"Will you ever let me regret this decision?"

"NO!" He immediately said.

A smile formed on their lips a second later. While the smile on her lips conveyed how she was proud of herself to choose a man like him, who loved her immeasurably. The smile on his radiated peace and content he felt.

"Offo main aapko yeh dena to bhool hi gayi." She facepalmed as she realised she had forgotten the second important thing she called him for. She opened her bag and took out a diary. While he was watching her taking out something his eyes widened upon identifying his diary, his only companion during the past one year.

"Aapki diary." She said handing him his diary with a small smile on her face.

"I know kisi ki diary padhna galat hai, par aap 'kisi' thodi hai, mere lawfully wedded husband hai, mera pura haq hai aap par aur aapki her cheez par, to yeh diary kya cheez hai?" She said confidently, yet ended her sentence with a sheepish smile.

"Tum meri diary padhne ke baad safai de rahi ho?" He said raising his eye brow.

"Kuch aisa hi samajh lijiye." She said with a toothy smile seeing which he chuckled. But soon reality dawned upon him. He had written everything in his diary, from how he misses her to his nightmares and now that she had read it all she knew about everything, thinking this made frown lines appear on his forehead. The moment she saw those lines she knew what he was thinking.

"Issey pehle aap apne dimag ki train phirse kisi nayi disha main chalaye, main pehle hi bata deti hun mainey is diary ko padhne se pehle hi apna man bana liya tha hamey ek aur mauka dene ka. Iss diary ne bas mere iradon ko mazboot banaya hai. Aur haan bahut saara gussa bhi bhar diya hai. Aap aisa kaise kar sakte hai Ahaan. Mere chakkar main khudki kya halat bana li thi aapne." She said while a tear fell from her eyes remembering how he mentioned about his nightmares and how raw his pain was. She could not even imagine what he would have gone through. She regretted not being with him when he needed her the most and that was the moment she decided she will never leave him, not in this lifetime at least.

"Sshhh ishqi, bas karo. Jo hua beet gaya ab nayi shurwaat karne ka waqt hai. Jitna rona tha ro liya, aaj se sirf khushiyan hogi hamari life main, hmm" she said in a calm tone making her nod her head in agreement.

She held his hands and interlaced it with her's as if she conveyed how she was always there with him despite anything their life threw at them.  They didnt spoke anything for few minutes, letting themselves absorb the peace and contentment they felt, while their silence had a conversation of its own.

"Wo dhalta suraj dekh rahe hai?" She asked a few minutes later, while looking ahead at the sun which was setting down, preparing to get lost somewhere in the waves of water.

He just hummed in response.

"Aapko kya lagta hai kya matlab hota hoga suraj ke dhalne ka?"

"That the night is about to come?"

"Naah, iska matlab yeh hai ki raat chahe kitni ghani aur andheri kyun na ho, kal phir uss adhere se ladne suraj apni kirne bikherega aur hamari zindagiyon main ujala bhar dega."

He knew she was hinting towards them, the moment he felt her head on his shoulder. That was the moment they felt peace. They felt loved. They felt home.

"Our Journey Of Love has never been easy, haina? Full of ups and downs. Full of adventures." She said.

"Defines why it is OUR Journey Of Love." He said, making both of them chuckle.

Silence engulfed them as they watched the sun setting down. While the day was meeting its end at the moment, their relationship saw a new beginning - a beginning where there wasn't just love, but trust, compassion and companionship. It was never easy for any one of them to stick back to each other after their heart broke immeasurable times, but that's what they chose, that's what their journey of love was about.

---------------------------------------

Well, this was the last part of the series, before I post the epilogue :')

--------------------------------------------------

Do share your love and valuable feedback!
-Nivz! <3