~Our Journey Of Love - 3~

"Aagayi yaad meri?"

He lifted his head all at once. It was her. For once he forgot everything. His eyes shone. It seemed as if a 5 year old got his favourite candy. Just her mere presence brought to his heart all that it required - peace and love. His eyes glistened while he said.

"Ishqi tum theek ho?" his eyes welled up.

"Yeh mere sawaal ka jawaab nahi hai Ahaan." She said sternly, it broke his heart

"Aise kyun baat kar rahi ho"? He whined

"Ahaan this habit of yours is only what is taking me away from you." His mouth remained shut, while he swallowed the lump which was formed in his throat. Words dared to come out from his mouth. But she was okay na, that's why she was talking to him so why did she say she was going away from him?

"Aisa kyun bol rahi ho? You are perfectly well. Standing in front of me to phir mujhsey dur kyun jaogi?"

"Not everything you see well-crafted and moulded is perfect Ahaan." It broke him. He felt someone pierced his heart. All the courage he had gathered was slowly getting past him. He was losing it.

"Ishqi I know my mistakes are grave but...."

"You threw me out of your home." She cut him

"Our home" he tried to correct her while his held lowered down in embarrassment

"It was never meant to be mine." He felt he lost everything that he had. He lost his happiness, his world, his source of light, his life, his Ishqi.

Just then he heard the door open. He lifted his head to realise it was the doctor. He was about to rush to her to share that Ishqi woke up and talked to him but just then he looked in her direction and she was still in the same position she was earlier.

"I ..I was hallucinating? Wasn't that Ish..Ishqi?" He thought to himself. His heart broke into several pieces completely broken and shattered.

"Ah. Mr Malhotra. I hope I didn't disturbed you." The doctor said

"Absolutely not doctor." He said with a faint smile. He couldn't tell her that she actually disturbed him. Could he?

"Okay. Mr. Malhotra I actually need to have a word with you regarding Ishqi's medical conditions. I didn't find it better to share it with your brother regarding. For me you should be the first one to know such things. So lets meet in my cabin in 15 minutes, till then I will revise her history. Hope that works with you."

"Absolutely doctor."

"Also if you could leave the room till then. She needs to get her dressing done, so.."

"Yes doctor sure." How badly his heart was screaming that he couldn't, he couldn't leave her even for a moment. It feared him that he would lose her forever. But he couldn't do anything. Afterall it was important for her. So he walked out of the room, not before taking a glance at his lady love. He knew much was to be mended much to be reshaped and he was ready to do it all for her, for them.

He came out and sat with his brother who had questions in his eyes and before he could even ask, Ahaan replied to all of them.

"Doctor ne bola hai ki Ishqi ki medical conditions ke baarein main baat karni hai, kuch cheezein hai jo unhe tujhey batana sahi nahi laga, so she said ki 15 minute main unke cabin main milu. Abhi uski dressing kar rahe hai." He said looking down remembering all she said to him, though he knew he was hallucinating somewhere he knew had Ishqi been all well today she would have had the same stance.

"Bhai don't worry, Bhabhi fighter hai wo theek ho jaayegi."

"Tune Ghar pe bataya kisi ko?"

"Nahi bhai. Himmat hi nahi ho rahi. They still think ki ham apne client ki business party and afterparty main hai, as we told them yesterday."

"hmm.. Tu unhe phone karke sab bata de. Accha its time main ho aata hun cabin se."

As he stood up, he received a tight hug from his brother. Kartik knew he must be stong at this point for the sake of his brother and hence wore a facade of pretence. Pretending he was strong. But was he? No. He was everything other than being okay. He cried, cried bitterly in the arms of his brother. While Ahaan caressed his head trying to control himself. It was hard but he had to. After a minute or so they parted from the hug and Ahaan walked towards the cabin. His heart was thumping loudly. Louder than usual. While his brain was still stuck at one question

"Aisa kya hua hoga ki doctor Kartik ko kuch nahi bata paayi and wants me to hear it all?"

He was scared, scared as hell. He couldn't face anything now, all he wanted was his Ishqi nothing else.

Thinking this he entered the doctors cabin. The doctor passed on a smile and asked him to sit while she was reading Ishqi's reports. There were many things she had to tell him. After a minute she looked at him and continued.

"Mr. Malhotra sorry but I am still concerned over this fact that who injected this drug in her body. The one who has done this already knew the consequences. The person knew she would knew she would land up here hence her medical reports also show that she was injected with a very heavy dose of those drugs such that she doesn't stay alive."

Ahaan's anger knew no bounds, his grandmother whom he trusted more than he trusted himself. The one who raised him since the past 20 years. The one whom he loved and respected more than himself was a criminal?

His trance broke when the doctor further continued

"Also Mr. Malhotra I am sorry but we could not save your child."

--------------------------------------------

Do share your love and valuable feedback!

-Nivz! <3