~Our Journey Of Love - 9~

"Ishqi, I am sorry. Main ham..hamare bach..bacche ko nahi bacha paya."

He broke down, tears engulfed him. It pained, pained him till no extent. First he lost his mother at a young age, then the only woman he loved unconditionally, and when destiny thought this amount of pain wasn't enough for him, he lost his child. Though he got the two most important women in his life back, the pain of losing his first child was incurable and unmatchable. It had already been a year to this heart wrenching incident but he couldn't sink in this pain. How he wished he could change everything wrong that happened the previous year. But alas he could not, all he could was to wish, wish that everything could get back to normal because his already fragile heart could not bear another heartbreak this time.

As soon as those words escaped his mouth her eyes turned bloodshot red, how could he speak this filthy for his own blood and flesh? She was furious. She could hear anything against herself, but her baby? Say anything bad and you will land in the worst possible scenario and that's what her husband was doing at the moment apparently.

"Aap apne aapko sun bhi paa rahe hai Mr Malhotra? Aapne mere baarein main jo bola tha mainey chup chaap sun liya par mere bacche ke liye main kuch bakwaas nahi sunungi. Chale jaayiye yahaan se mujhey aapki shakal bhi nahi dekhni."

He knew he had broken her, he knew she loved their unborn way more than him, he knew she would shatter the very moment she realised the fact that whatever he said was true. He also knew no matter how much she despised him for his deeds he had to be there with her during this time, because he knew handling a broken ishqi who would not share her true feelings and pretend to be okay would break down the very moment she would be left alone. He wanted to be her strength, He wanted to tell her that she wasn't alone but for that he knew he had to gain back her trust which he had broken, broken beyond repentance. It was difficult but he knew he would win her trust and her back because their love was bigger, bigger than the storms and hurdles that entered their not so perfect, yet so perfect world.

"Ishqi I know its hard, hard to believe, hard to realise and hard to accept par trust me main sacch keh raha hu, afterall why would I speak this ill about my own child."

"Aap...aap jhooth bol rahe hai na? Mazaak kar rahe hai? Please aisa mat kareiye, main pehle hi bahut kuch kho chuki hun, ap...apna bac..baccha nahi, please"

Her voice held helplessness, her eyes brimmed with tears which eventually made his eyes watery as well and all that he could do at the moment was to engulf her in a hug. As soon as he did that she knew, she knew what she said was true. After a good one minute of them being in each others ams, reality struck her. She wiped her tears and came out of his hold and continued.

"Kai...kais..kaise h..hua yeh sab?"

She believed him. She knew he could do anything but would never speak this pathetic about his own flesh. She needed time, time to believe the dreams she had woven for herself and her child were shattered, shattered beyond repair. She wanted to cry, cry like there was no tomorrow, but she chose to cage the tears that were threatening to flow any moment because she knew she had no one to call her own. The man who stood here in front of her was standing only because he lost his heir who was in her womb and thus he had to be there, he had no choice. She wanted to be left alone, yet wanting to be with people she could count on and cry with. But at the moment she needed to know what had happened with her child, because the last thing she could remember was being trapped by her grandmother-in-law, had she killed the child? If she had, then she will have to see her wrath, Ishqi thought. She was so into her world that Ahaan had to shake her and bring her out of her zone.

"Ishqi, I know main abhi jo bhi bolunga..."

"Mr. Malhotra yeh mere sawaal ka jawaab nahi hai. I freaking want to know what you all did with my child."

She shouted, he was doing nothing but testing her patience. He closed his eyes letting the lone tear flow. It's gonna be difficult, he thought, yet he had to face it. After all, who could ever run away from reality?

"1 saal pehle Ms. Durga Devi ne tumhe kidnap karwaya tha and she drugged you with life threatening drugs. Main aur Kartik waha kaise to time par pahunch gaye, while coming here even I passed out subah jab hosh aaya to kartik ne bataya you had to undergo an operation and that you s..sl..sliped into c..coma. I didnt knew how to react Ishqi, mujhey tumhe khone ka darr tha..."

"Darr unhe khone ka hota hai Mr. Malhota, jinhe kabhi dil ke paas duniyaa se bacha kar rakha gaya ho, unhe nahi jinke pyaar ko dikhawa bataya jaaye, jinpar bharosa na kiya jaaye, jinhe itna zaleel kiya jaaye zaleel shabd hi khud se sharma jaaye."

She said while hurt and sarcasm was audibly dripping from her tone. He knew he had lost her trust and to gain it back, he could do anything she would say. If she would say to ask for forgiveness while bowing down to her and that too in front of the world? He would happily do that if that would make her happy and that would be the only way she would forgive him. But he knew his Ishqi, better than anybody else. He knew she would never ask him to do any such thing, but getting forgiveness from her would be way more difficult. But then he trusted his love. He knew he could conquer the world when her love was with him. She may not say it out loud at the moment, her anger might overshadow it right now but he knew she loved him, beyond any hurdle, more than any other emotion. He was ready, ready to face her anger, her wrath, her ignorance, anything that she held for him if it would end in everything getting back to how it used to be, like its own old form. He knew he will have to face much at the moment, probably much more than what he was thinking he might have to, but at the end being Ahaan Veer Malhotra, his heart told him not to look at the hurdles but visualise their future which could only become bright if he tried, tried hard enough to get her back. It was him at fault, he knew and for repentance he could actually do anything. His eyes shone with determination to get her back. He knew it might seem difficult, but he would eventually get her back after all wise men left behind a true saying

"Ishq par zor nahi, yeh wo aatish ghalib

Ki lagaye na lage aur bujhaye na bane"

----------------------------------------------------------

Do share your love  and valuable feedback!

-Nivz! <3