SH: Misunderstandings (pt.2)

It's been four days since Wooyoung arrived. And over the past four days, Seonghwa couldn't help but feel as though Byeol was drifting away from him... and drifting closer to Wooyoung.

He knew he shouldn't get jealous, or even have any thoughts of that sort, given they've been dating for, like, years now... but it was hard not to. And Wooyoung's flirtatious personality and Byeol being so used to it didn't make anything better.

It's Thursday; they day before Byeol's birthday. Since she hated surprises, they had the following day all planned out: ice-cream for breakfast, aquarium, lunch was Chef Wooyoung's treat (they'd have the birthday cake then), hang out by the Han river, walk around Seoul, fireworks at nine, and then come back home, maybe another movie?

Today, Wooyoung was in charge of making the birthday cake and Byeol, being bored, wanted to help. Seonghwa sat at the kitchen counter doing some work on his laptop as they two got the ingredients and mixed the batter.

"What the–!" Byeol suddenly shrieked and Seonghwa looked up with wide eyes. Byeol's face and dark blue hair was covered in flour and Wooyoung was laughing like a witch at the sight. Seonghwa blinked and then sighed, shaking his head.

"I thought you got hurt or something, Byeol... you scared me," Seonghwa mumbled, but she didn't seem to hear him. Byeol wiped her face and moved her hair out of her face while her friend was still laughing his head off, and then grabbed the rolling pin out of a drawer and started chasing him around the house. Seonghwa watched the two with a blank, slightly concerned expression. Wooyoung suddenly turned around and caught the surprised girl, pulling the rolling pin out of her hands and holding it over his head.

"Give it back!" Byeol shouted as she jumped, her flour-coated hair bouncing as she did so.

"Why; so you can hit me? I don't think so!" He grabbed her waist and gripped her thin figure tightly, holding the pin way out of her reach while she struggled to get free. The two friends forgot all about the other boy in the room; their playful fighting reminded them of when they used to share a dorm in high school, messing around and hitting each other just like they were now. Byeol finally remembered the trick she used to use and started tickling Wooyoung, making the boy shriek in laughter and drop the rolling pin on the floor. He tried to run away from the girl, but suddenly hit the sofa. He grabbed Byeol's hands and tried to keep them away from his body, but her thin wrists helped her slip out easily. He tried to run away again, but then he tripped over his own feet and landed on the floor with a thud, pulling Byeol with him. Wooyoung took that opportunity to tickle her, and she curled into a ball as a familiar joy filled her conscious. Their laughter filled the house.

Woo finally gave her a break, holding her in a hug as they caught their breath, the two sprawled over the living room carpet.

"Screw you," Byeol mumbled as she turned to face him. They looked at each other for a long moment. "That was not fun," she deadpanned.

"Says the grandma with white hair. It's been so long, though... like, what, five years?" Wooyoung counted in his head.

"If you take out San's birthday somewhere in the middle, yeah. Five years." She said, nodding thoughtfully.

Seonghwa, who gave up caring about his girlfriend and her friend, was continuing to do his work in the kitchen when he realized he couldn't concentrate anymore. He rolled his eyes with a sigh and went to find them, telling himself that he was just checking on them to make sure they weren't hurting one another. He was about to turn the corner into the living room when he overheard them talking, making him freeze in his spot.

"...Byeolie, I missed you," he heard Wooyoung's voice say.

"Honestly, me too." Byeol responded. Seonghwa pursed his lips, then turned on his heels and headed in the other direction.