YS: Midnight Ice Cream

Such.

A.

Painful.

Day.

Pain should really be illegal.

Why can't the government put pain in prison?

That way people won't have to suffer anymore.

And pain can go rot in jail or Tartarus or somewhere equally bad.

Byeol contemplates further on this topic as she blank stares at the TV screen in front of her. It's about ten at night and she had been in the same position for the past three hours. The only reason she would've gotten up was to either get a snack, water, or go to the bathroom.

Normally Yeosang would've said something, but Byeol had came into the dorm with those pained eyes right after university. Sadly, all of them had gotten too used to that look, because...

[Imagine any explanation of your pain so it can be more tailored to you :) I'm going with headaches for this one]

Yeosang walks out of his room for a stretch and water break from re-reading Harry Potter for a millionth time. All the members have the evening off, but his plans got canceled after his friend had something at work going on, so he decided to just stay with Byeol and read a bit.

Yeosang walks into the kitchen, stretching his legs as he does so, and pours himself a glass of water. He can see the living room from where he's standing and finds the eighth episode of Crash Landing On You playing on the TV. Byeol is curled up with her knees close to her chest on the edge of the couch. A blue blanket keeps her warm (or safe, Yeosang pondered) and he knew that Shiber is probably under there somewhere.

Yeosang sets down his empty cup and walks over to Byeol, sitting down next to her. She doesn't seem to notice him, however, as she continues to stare at the screen.

[ Imma switching to Yeosang's POV now bc I feel that's gonna be nicer and im in too much pain rn to redo the first part so I apologize]

"Hey, Byeol." I say, trying to get her attention. "How are yo— Byeolie?" My voice kinda dies in my throat when Byeol turns to look at me... with her pale face covered in tears.

"Byeolie, what's wrong? Are you okay?" I ask, concerned, and pull her gently into my arms. She stays silent, just nodding her head. "Why are you crying?"

She still doesn't say anything. Instead, she shrugs.

"Is it the headaches?" I ask softly, almost whispering in her ear. She nods, turning her head to the side and burying it in my chest. "Aw, I'm so sorry, Byeolie..."

"Don't be, it's not your fault." She says quietly. "I just wish..." She pulls away from me to wipe her face. I just stare at her, trying to comprehend what she's going through.

"How was uni?" I ask, hoping a change in the topic would help.

"It was fine, but I started getting this terrible headache in the middle of my last class. I didn't listen to anything the professor was saying, so I'll just have to ask my friend to recap me on stuff tomorrow." Byeol says. She sighs, sitting back in the couch, but closer to me this time. She let her her head lean on my shoulder. I glance out the window at the dark blue sky, the sun having already set.

"Do you want to go for a walk?" I ask, stroking her hair with my free hand that wasn't holding hers. She thinks for a moment, then nods.

"Sure, why not." Byeol says, slowly pulling off her blanket and standing up. A small smile plays on my lips when I spy Shiber's head sticking out halfway from underneath the lump of blanket.

ATEEZ Painkillers (oneshots?)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें