SH: Misunderstandings (pt.1)

another request by @HONGJONGSHUGECOCK <3

it might be super long tho, so here's a forewarning: it might be super long 0.0

3rd person pov

all the characters are normal everyday ppl

enjoy!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Byeol awoke with some sort of mumbling in her ear. She groaned sleepily and turned on her side, only to find the sounds growing louder. Peeling her eyes open, she saw the beautiful face of Park Seonghwa, hair a mess and everything, singing with a mischievous smile as they both slept on the bed.

"Hello there," he said cheerfully in his deep, morning voice. Byeol rolled her eyes and then closed them, pulling the blanket over her head.

"Two minutes," she mumbled as she tried to drift back into sleep.

"Okay." He went quiet for a moment, before he started singing again. Byeol couldn't even recognize what song it was– she was that sleepy. All that she could tell was that it was getting kinda annoying.

"Seonghwa..." she whined, lightly punching his chest. "Shut up!"

He didn't respond for a whole minute and Byeol opened one eye, looking at him curiously.

"Make me," he finally said with a slight smirk. She sighed, pretending to be exasperated, but was secretly trying to hide the growing smile on her face.

"You're asking for it," she mumbled and readjusted herself under the blankets, then leaned in to place her lips on Seonghwa's. He smiled and Byeol couldn't help but slowly mirror it as bliss filled her conscious, making her insides turn to honey. Her hand found his shoulder and she pushed him on his back, laying on top of him. He wrapped his arms around her light body, adoring the feeling of holding the wonderful girl he loved in his arms. They kissed long and slow, savoring every second. The fluffy blankets and warm, morning light shining through the windows matched the mood perfectly.

Suddenly, a loud knock sounded on the door, making the couple frown simultaneously.

"Are you two awake yet? We're gonna be late!" A muffled voice said through the wood. Byeol whined and pushed herself off of Seonghwa with a deep expression of annoyance etched on her face.

"Go away, Wooyoung!" She yelled to the door.

"We're going to miss the train if you don't get up! I'm coming in; please tell me you both have clothes on." He retorted, then waited for a second before slowly starting to open the door.

"I'm naked! Now, go away!" Byeol lied, making Seonghwa burst into laughter. Wooyoung rolled his eyes, guessing she was probably just messing around, but deciding to play it safe nonetheless. He leaned his back against the wall with a sigh.

"Alright, whatever, but I'm telling you... the train leaves in twenty minutes and it takes us, like, a whole ten minutes just to get there–" He heard the doorknob rattle and it opened to reveal an cranky Byeol.

Wooyoung grinned at her, straightening up. "Good morning!" He chirped.

"You're insufferable," she mumbled before turning to head to the bathroom. Wooyoung frowned and reached forward, trapping the girl in his arms and pulling her closer before attacking her with tickles.

"Stop! Stop! Stop–" Byeol doubled over she she broke into a fit of giggles.

"Come on, Byeolie, say you love me," he teased. "Seonghwa-hyung can't be the only one you love, right?"

"Ah... fine, fine, I love you!" She choked out, and he finally let her go. She glared daggers at him while he just smiled cutely, gesturing for her to go get ready.

Seonghwa watched the funny scene from the bed, still covered in blankets and chuckling lightly. Jung Wooyoung, Byeol's childhood friend, was staying for the week in celebration of her birthday. He had arrived the night before last, and ever since, they've been doing fun stuff every day as a countdown to her 21st birthday.

Seonghwa yawned and got up, then folded the blankets before getting ready himself. After a quick breakfast, the three headed to the train station, which would take them to the mall. There, the two boys picked out various gifts for the girl while she did some of her own birthday shopping (within a budget, of course, otherwise she would've robbed the entire plush toys store). After that, they headed to the carnival for a couple of hours. It was the same one that the two childhood friends used to go to when they were kids.

"Wooyoung, look!" Byeol pointed to one of the big rollercoaster, grinning at the boy. "This was the ride where you threw up!"

"Oh, stop," he mumbled as Seonghwa laughed. Wooyoung's eyes suddenly lit up when he spotted something a few ways ahead. He grabbed a confused Byeol's wrist and pulled her through the crowd with excitement.

"Wait for me!" Seonghwa called after them as he quickly followed, but his voice got lost in the loud atmosphere. He finally saw Byeol's dark blue hair and neared her. His smile flickered at the scene: Byeol was trying to run away from– was that the mirror maze?– but Wooyoung had his arms around her waist and was pulling her back with a grin. He hated how they actually looked cute together.

Stop it, he yelled at himself, they're just friends. You overthink way too much. Besides, it's almost her birthday. Don't ruin it.

He shook his head of the sudden thoughts with a deep breath and joined the pair of friends. Wooyoung explained how Byeol had always been scared of the maze after she saw some horror movie about a ghost that lives in mirrors.

"Byeol, that's all fake!" He said as she slipped out of Wooyoung's grip, then stood behind Seonghwa, holding his arm tightly.

"Cotton candy?" She asked with a pout and Seonghwa paused before nodding, unable to resist her cuteness– even if it was just an excuse not to go in the mirror maze.

They reached back home at around 7 pm. They ordered takeout for dinner, and Byeol and Wooyoung told Seonghwa all their elementary through high school stories while they waited, laughing and shoving each other in the process. Seonghwa couldn't lie, it got awkward at some points, but seeing his Byeol so happy made him get over all that.

Once dinner arrived, the hungry trio ate without a word and finished up fairly quickly. They decided to watch a movie after that. Byeol and Seonghwa sat beside each other, the latter wrapping a protective arm around the girl, and Wooyoung rested his head on Byeol's lap. As the movie started, Byeol's hand absentmindedly played with her friend's hair and Wooyoung smiled at the feeling. Seonghwa saw it all, but didn't want to disturb the movie, so he didn't say anything. Still, he couldn't shake the weird, unnamed feeling in his chest. Especially at how calm both of them looked by the action– as if it was a usual thing.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

kinda a short (long) intro to the whole thing

how is it so far?