🎂 HJ: Sweet Melodies 🎂

Hongjoong's POV :)

~~~~~~~~

*Knock knock*

I yell 'come in' to Byeol as she already peeks her head in. I smile at her as she dips her head with sleepy eyes, then makes her way over to my desk where I was currently working on one of my favorite B-sides ever.

"How's it going?" She asks quietly, leaning her head on the table. I reach out and stroke her hair, making her close her eyes and smile lightly kinda like a cat.

"It's going well, Byeol," I say softly. "Are you sleepy?"

She shakes her head and sits up, looking at my screen with her chin resting on her palms.

"Nope, I'm good. Can I take a listen?" I unplug my headphones from the computer and she closes her eyes again as the soft, twinkling music starts to play. After the intro, Seonghwa-Hyung's deep voice starts to sing, and a soft smile plays on her lips. At Jongho's lines, she grins, and then my rap starts, making her open her eyes. I hit the pause button once the pre-chorus ended.

"I haven't finished mixing in the vocals for the rest of the song yet." I let her know.

"It's really good so far!" She says, then adds, "Could I check something real quick?" She asks as she reaches towards my laptop.

"Sure," I say, handing it over to her. I watch as she clicked on my vocal track, then opens the reverb plug-in and messes with the digital knobs.

"Mmhm, that's it." Byeol mumbles to herself, then points at the screen. "Too much echo, don't you think? It doesn't match with the rest of the vocal tracks so far." She plays a snippet of the edited music, and I realize she's right.

"Thanks, Byeol." I say, making her face light up with another one of her contagious smiles. "You're bound to be a great musician, you know that?"

"I hope so..." She trails off, staring out the window at the full moon. I get up and walk behind her, wrapping my arms around the girl.

"I know so, nye kkomabyeol." I say quietly into her ear, stroking her hair. She stands up and hugs me tightly, burying her face in my shirt. "I know you will."

~~~~~~~~

Totally didn't tear up when I discovered this in my notebook who knows how many months later.

Also it's Hongjoong-Sunbaenim's birthday today yaaaaaaaay

captain's old :P

jk jk

we still love him, forever will <3

fighting atiny~

remember that no matter whatever you're going through right now, whether it be a one-day thing in school/work or a ongoing headache (no pun intended), know that there's going to be better days :))

speaking of which, better days by superm is so nice. (totally didn't cry while listening to that either shush)