5 • पञ्चमी

M I N A K S H I

Today, I woke up at 6am and took a shower. Freshen up, did some yoga and meditation. I got ready and went to the garden for a walk. The garden was marvellous, with pretty plants of Hibiscus, rose, oleander, Jasmine and a pond filled with Lotus.

I was staring at the mesmerizing lotus pond when someone called me,"Devi?" I looked at my back to find an old man, he gave me a pink Lotus,"I am the Gardener. and it's for you, Devi(honorary title for women)."

"Oh Shivay! thank you so much." I said and took it. "It's very beautiful." I commented.

"Apnake manabe, apnar chokh gulo thik ai barir Durga Protimar moto." He smiled.

(It will match you, as your eyes are just like the idol of Devi Durga of this Kingdom )

"Aww.. you are so kind. I don't deserve such a compliment." I replied while doing a Namaskar.

"Amal Kaka!" Someone shreiked. A feminine voice.

(Amal uncle)

"Maya?" The gardener called and ran towards the sound. I also followed him to find the back of a girl who was looking at something on the ground, we approached her to find someone sleeping on the floor. Suddenly, I noticed that it was Trishul laying down on his stomach and he was unconscious.

I sat down beside him and took his head on my lap, to get more shocked because his face is filled with blood and glasses. He had an accident.

"Call an ambulance!" I yelled. The Gardener runs inside, "go and fetch some water." I told the girl, she nodded and went towards the pond. I stared at him, his face filled with his blood and wounds but his face so relaxed like he was at peace. A lone tear came out of my eyes and fell on his cheeks.

After few hours, I was standing in the hospital with my parents and his family members, everyone was so worried. "Just a week left from marriage and now this." His mother spoke up.

"It's okay, he will be fine." My father stated.

I am trying so hard to control my tears, I am so scared right now. His bloody face is flashing in my mind. The doctor came out,"He is fine, I healed his wounds and gave some medicines. You can take him home."

Later we came back to the mansion with him, he was resting in his room. I was at my room when I heard a knock, I opened the door to find his grandmother standing. I quickly touched her feet and did a pranam. "You should have called me, why did you bother to come?" I asked as I motioned her to come in.

She came inside,"It's nothing, don't worry about it." She told and hugged me. I heard a sob and realised she was crying, that broke my heart and made me confused at the same time.

"You know who loves me the most?" She asked and broke the hug, "Who?"

"Trishul. My little Trishul is the most lovely boy, I am not saying this just because he is my grandson. I am saying this to let you know how much he is precious to me and to this kingdom. He was such a cute young boy when he was little... so adorable and naughty." I smiled at her. She continued,"He grew up to an amazing gentleman. He cared and respected everyone equally, he fought for the weak. He helped the assaulted. Once he put his life at risk to save a rape victim. He was such a happy person back then. Always fought for justice, with a smile in his face." She said. If I wasn't enough in love with him, all these hidden facts about him give fuel to my fire.

"But for past few days I noticed that he is not himself, he looks different.... He looks like he is lonely, angry, sad and depressed. I know what can fix him. He needs a loving wife... Who would take care of him. And I find that very person inside you. You are the perfect wife for Trishul. Please save him, Sona (gold, pet name) I know you can." She hugged me again and I hugged her back. I soothingly patted her back and replied,"I will gladly do it."

She smiled brightly at me, that melted my heart.

M O H I N I

We entered the car, finally going back to his home. I don't know why but he decided that we should go alone so he told the driver and the chauffeurs to leave but the guards were there in the other cars. He sat on the driver seat, I kept the shopping bag on the back seat and I sat beside him.

He fastened his seat belt, I tried to copy him by pulling the seat belt from it's side, but somehow it got stuck, I tried to take it out by putting more force in it. I nervously chuckled at him who had a serious face, I again tried by making weird faces, my hair fell on my face and a blush crept my cheeks. I know I kinda look really weird right now but the belt- my movement stopped.

He kept his left hand over me on the seat and the other behind me and moved his face closer to me, I looked at him with the curtains of my hair still hovering over my face. He kept on moving closer with his annoyingly handsome face. What is he trying to do? Is he trying to kiss me? Of course he is! It's our first date after all and he is going to kiss me like we see in the romantic films of Hollywood. I closed my eyes, and pouted my lips, waiting for his lips to brush against mine. Before I never kissed anyone, not even my ex boyfriend of five years Trishul. I don't mind Shreedhar kissing me after all he is more mature and he has his needs.

I felt the seat belt get fastened, but his lips never touched mine. I waited a bit more, but still nothing happened, did he faint or something? I furrowed my eyebrows and opened my eyes to find his left hand not anymore resting over me but on the gear, his right hand over the steering wheel. He is back at his driving position but his face looking at me, eyes glistening with amusement but he is trying so much to hide it, he bites his lips to stop his smile. I blinked my eyes, and looked down to find that my seat belt was fastened.

Realisation hit me...... He wasn't going to kiss me, he was... He... Came closer to help me with the seat belt... And here I... I have never been this embarrassed in my whole life! What the...! Oh my God... Kanhaaaaaaa!!!! Whyyyyy?! No no no... I looked straight towards the road, he was still looking at me. I looked down on my fingers which was resting on my lap. Kanha please help me with this situation... I will... I will make ladoos (Indian sweets) for you... Please... Please please please plea-

I felt something on my cheeks, I froze. He pecked my cheeks for like a second and then started the car.

Author's note!

Hi, please vote and comment it inspires me so much ♥️ and thank you for the one person who always votes on my story, I really appreciate it ♥️