10 • दशमः

M I N A K S H I

"But where will I sleep?" I asked him, but then I noticed that he is already asleep. I looked around the room to find a couch, but there were none. There is no place comfortable enough to sleep. I found a lone tear coming out of my eyes as I looked down at the floor which had a floor mat. On which I was standing.

I took a pillow and lay down on the floor, realising my place in his heart. I closed my eyes.

Tomorrow morning I woke up, early. He was still sleeping in his bed, I went inside the cupboard and took out a red and golden saree, then went inside the bathroom. I freshen up, did my business, took a shower. Wore the saree, dried my hair. I used kajal in my eyes, took some red lipstick on my finger and tapped it on my lips. I wore a round bindi in my temple, wore the sindoor.

I came out of the bedroom to find him still there, sleeping

I came out of the bedroom to find him still there, sleeping. I went towards the cupboard and took the box which is filled with gold jewelleries. I took out a gold choker and wore it. I changed my bangles and earrings. I came out of the room and towards the temple. I lit an incense and did Abhishek to the Shiva Linga, I chanted some mantras. I went downstairs to find everyone preparing breakfast.

Most of the family members where present in the table, "Minakshi?!" Aadya boudi called with excitement. I smiled at her, everyone looked at me and smiled. "Suprobhat," (Good morning) they greeted and I greeted them back.

"Where is Trishul?" Trishul's Grandfather asked.

"Sleeping," I replied. He looked at his watch and shook his head, he again focused his gaze on the newspaper in his hand.

"Please sit down, Mina.... I will tell the servants to serve you breakfast." My mother in law suggested.

"No need, I will serve myself."

After having the breakfast I went upstairs to my- I mean his room. He was still sleeping. I decided to put my hair on a bun as I will cook something today for my new family, although there are cook, but I love cooking so I thought why not make something? I was sitting infront of the dressing table, I have to take out my makeup items from the bathroom and organise it here... I made a mental note and took the comb and started combing. I looked at myself in the mirror, I had such a low self esteem about myself but he saved me.

Flashback:

"Minakshi?"

"Trishul?"

"Why are you crying?" He asked me.

"I don't deserve you, you are so gorgeous... You deserve someone-" but before I could complete,"No. You deserve the world, so you deserve me. I love you exactly the way you are. You are beautiful inside and out."