she meets your parents for the first time and they're overprotective (requested)

"What if they hate me?" Jennie asked as you put the car in park outside of your parents' place.

"Why would they ever hate you, baby? You're the most amazing girl in the world. There's not a single thing to hate about you."

"I just want them to like me. If they disapprove of me or of our relationship, I don't know what to do because all I want is for them to like me and want us to be together."

"I know, baby." You said as you put a hand on her thigh. "You don't have anything to worry about. Everything's going to be fine."

"If you say so." She said. "I'm ready if you're ready."

"Come on then, baby. Let's go." You said and got out of the car.

Jennie stepped out a second later and grabbed your hand in hers as you made your way to the door.

"Mom, Dad, we're here!" You shouted out as you walked inside.

Your parents hurried into the room just a second later and quickly pulled you in for a big hug.

"We've missed you so much, honey." Your mom said. "It's so nice to see you again."

"It's nice to see you too." You smiled.

You gave your dad a quick hug before looking back at Jennie and happily taking her hand in yours once more.

"Mom, Dad, this is my girlfriend Jennie."

"Hello, Jennie. It's very nice to meet you." Your dad said.

"Who's hungry? Dinner's almost ready." Your mom said before you all followed her into the kitchen.

You sat down at the table and Jennie sat down beside you before your parents started to stare at her.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah." Your mom said. "Y/N has told us a lot about you, Jennie."

"All good things?"

"Yeah." Your dad said. "Only good things. She is insanely in love with you."

"Oh, good," Jennie replied with a big smile.

"You're a hugely popular idol. You have a busy job, a busy life. I know you're keeping things private at the moment but if your relationship with my daughter gets leaked, will you defend her if people hate on her?" Your dad spoke.

"Of course!" Jennie said with a big smile. "I'd do anything for her."

"Because she is our whole world. She's a genuinely great person who only deserves love and happiness and I know that a lot of people would send her a lot of negativity just for being with you." Your mom said.

"Probably but those people don't matter. They're not fans of mine or of the girls if they hate on someone we love. I'd speak up about that in a heartbeat and I'd always keep Y/N safe." Jennie promised.

"Good. Because she's a great girl and you're very lucky to have her. If you ever hurt her in any way, I swear I will-"

"Dad!" you interrupted. "Don't worry. Jennie's great. She wouldn't ever hurt me."

"We just have to make sure." Your mom said. "We want to like Jennie but we have to make sure she'd protect you and she wouldn't ever hurt you."

"I wouldn't ever lay a hand on her, I swear," Jennie said. "You're right, she is amazing and I am so lucky to call her mine. That's why I wouldn't ever do anything to risk losing her. I'll never ever hurt her and I won't ever let anyone else hurt her either. They'd have to go through me first."

Your parents looked at each other and then back at Jennie.

"You love her?" Your dad asked.

"So much," Jennie said. "She's the best thing to ever happen to me and I care about her so much. I'd never do anything to hurt her and I'd never let anyone else do that either. She's my girl and I adore her wholeheartedly."

"Good." Your mom said with a smile. "Just don't ever let that change and we'll be good."

"I swear, I won't," Jennie promised.

"So, do you like her?" You asked.

"Yeah, we do." Your dad said. "We're happy for you. It's nice seeing you so happy and in love."

You smiled as you squeezed Jennie's hand.

"Treat her good, Jennie." Your dad told your girlfriend.

"Always," Jennie said as she looked at you with a bright smile.

And your parents' hearts melted at the sight, knowing that you'd found the one.