asking you to dance you and me with her (requested)

"Is there something on your mind, my love?" You asked Jennie, looking at her from across the table.

"Hm?" She asked as she snapped out of her daze. "I'm sorry, baby. What'd you say?"

"Come here, Jen." You said as you placed a bite of food in your mouth.

She got up from the booth and slipped into the one you were seated in, scooting over to sit right beside you.

"I thought we were going out for a nice lunch together and you seem to be too lost in your thoughts to enjoy said lunch, so talk to me. Tell me what's going on." You said as you pulled her hand into yours.

You brushed your thumb across her knuckles and watched her nervously bite her lip before she began to speak.

"I'm a little nervous to ask you this but it's something I've been thinking about for a while now. I talked to YG and they said it was fine as long as you could learn everything by tonight's show."

You furrowed your brows as you gazed into her soft brown eyes, not quite catching on just yet.

"I want you to dance with me. For you and me."

"What?"

"It would mean the world to me because the song is special to me and, well, obviously, you are too. The world already knows we're dating so we wouldn't have to hide anything while we're dancing together. It would be fun."

"I don't know if I could learn it all in one day, Jennie. That's a lot."

"I'll teach you and if for some reason you can't then we'll do it next show. But this would mean everything to me, baby. I want to do this with you. What do you say?"

The thought of stepping onto a huge stage in front of such a large crowd of people made you feel a little anxious.

"What if I mess up? What if your fans get upset about me dancing with you?"

"Are you kidding me? They adore you! And if they get upset, then that's just too bad."

You bit the inside of your cheek as you thought about it.

"And you don't have to worry about messing up because I'll be there to guide you through it. I'm going to teach you everything about the performance so that won't happen. You don't give yourself enough credit sometimes, my love. You'll do great. So, please? Will you dance with me?"

How could you ever pass up such an amazing opportunity?

Besides, that was bound to bring you and Jennie even closer.

It sounded too good to refuse.

"Okay. I'll do it."

"Yes!" She cheerfully said before throwing her arms around you. "Okay, let's finish eating so we can go to the venue and I can teach you everything! It's going to be so great, Y/N. You're going to have the time of your life!"

You smiled brightly, a little nervous yet beyond excited about it.

You knew it was going to be an experience you'd never forget.