you're with her? (requested)

Jennie's gaze was glued to the menu as she tried to decide what she wanted to eat.

The girls were all sitting around her at the table, already set on what they wanted to eat so they were just making conversation with each other.

Lisa turned her head to look at the door as she heard what she thought was a familiar voice.

And when she saw your face, her eyes lit up.

She was about to tell the girls that you were here because they all miss you dearly, even Jennie, though she won't admit that.

But tje smile that was on her face fell as she watched you walk to the table behind the hostess with your hand wrapped in someone else's.

"Lisa? Lisa, what are you looking at?" Jisoo asked as she waved her hand in front of Lisa's face.

"Y/N's here."

Jennie's head lifted right away.

"She's with someone else."

At first, Jennie's heart had been hammering against her chest at the thought of running into you again.

But her heart quickly sank in her chest when she heard Lisa say what she said.

"What? Who?" Jennie asked as she turned her head to look back.

She saw you sitting at one of the booths nearby, across from what she could only assume was your date.

You were laughing together, holding hands, and sharing conversation.

You looked... happy.

Jennie's heart was in her throat.

You'd moved on already.

It's been a year since you and Jennie broke up, sure, but she didn't think you'd move on just yet.

She didn't want to come off the wrong way, but she thought you'd still be missing her and maybe even hurting a little as you reel from the breakup like she's still doing.

But it seems that you've moved on with someone else.

And it only got worse for Jennie.

Because she recognized who you were with.

And it was none other than the girl Jennie often gets jealous of.

She's part of your friends' group, though when you were with Jennie you hadn't been all that close to her.

But something must've changed along the way because here you are now, out on a date and looking happier than ever.

Happier than when you were with Jennie even, by the looks of it.

"I can't believe this," Rosie said. "She's moved on already?"

Jennie stood up from her chair, making the girls go wide-eyed.

"Jennie? Where are you going?" Lisa whispered harshly as she watched her friend get up from the table, worried she was going to do something stupid.

Jennie walked to your table and you turned your head to look at her.

"Jennie? What are you doing here?"

"I'm having lunch with the girls. How about you?"

"I'm... having lunch with my girlfriend."

"Oh," Jennie said as she clenched her jaw.

Your girlfriend recognized Jennie and since she knew you were broken up, she got up to excuse herself and give you two some time to talk.

"Jennie-"

"You've moved on already?"

"Jennie, it's been a year. What, should I wallow in sadness the restb of my life?"

"That's not what I'm saying. I just," She paused, sighing. "You're with her?"

"Yeah." You said quickly.

"I was always so jealous of her when we were together. You hung out quite a bit with her and she was always so flirtatious with you. I thought she was going to steal you away from me someday... who knew that she kinda would?"

"Jennie, we're not together anymore. She didn't steal me away from you."

"She's better than me," Jennie said as she hung her head. "You love her, don't you?"

It was a sudden and unexpected question.

"I don't know. We haven't been together that long. But when we broke up, things were so hard for me. I could hardly function like a normal human. She was there for me and we just ended up developing feelings for each other."

"I get it." She said in sadness. "I guess I just didn't think you'd move on already and especially not with her."

"I'm sorry, Jennie." You said as Jennie looked away from you, blinking away her tears.

"I was holding out hope that, maybe, we still stood a chance and one day, we'd get back together. But I guess that's not going to happen."

Your heart dropped.

Seeing her in tears broke your heart.

And even though you moved on, you had to admit that you did miss her.

"I should go."

"Jennie, wait," You said.

"No, I can't." She sniffled. "You should get back to your date. It's good to see you happy." She said as she sent you a tearful smile.

As she hurried out of the restaurant, she didn't tell you how much it hurt to see you happy without her.

But there was nothing she could do.

You've moved on.

Perhaps, it was time for her to do the same.