ch.52 Her golden butterfly

Out of breath, but filled to the brim with fury, he rushed to my side and took my face in his hands.

“Are you ok, Angie?” he asked me quickly, wiping away a stray tear.

I shook my head “no.” No, I was not ok. I was not ok since the moment he left. And I couldn’t believe the monster that had overtaken Liam’s body, darkened his mind, and corrupted his soul.

Then he turned to Liam. I could almost taste the pain Liam was about to receive.

“YOU! You filthy son of a bitch!” he growled as he picked up Liam by his shirt collar and pinned him against the wall.

“I told you what would happen if you hurt her!” Harry bellowed in a deep, raging voice.

He threw a punch right smack across Liam’s nose. Then another one and another one until I saw blood dripping down onto Liam’s shirt and Harry’s bulging fist.

I stood a few feet away from them and tried not to look, but I couldn’t help but feel Liam’s words echoing in my head, filling me with guilt.

“Harry” I spoke up after a few minutes of agonizing crunches and punches.

“Angela, don’t look!” he ordered through clenched teeth.

“But, Harry” I protested and I tugged at his arm.

“Angela!” he raised his voice now.

Liam’s face was horribly bruised; I could barely tell it was even him.

“He’s drunk. He didn’t mean to hurt me” I tried explain.

Harry ignored me and returned to beating the pulp out of Liam.

He sat over Liam’s chest and threw punch after snag after jab at his poor face.

“Harry! Stop!” I begged and I took his face in my hands, forcing him to look at me.

“Angela, I’m trying to protect you!”

“Harry! He’s had enough!” I said and my voice started to crack.

Harry looked like he would take any reason to beat the life out of Liam. 

“Please!” I begged one last time.

Harry finally stopped.

“I don’t understand you, Angela” he told me as he stood up to face me. Why does no one understand me? What am I doing or saying that’s so complicated?!

I sighed in frustration.

“And I sure as hell don’t understand what you’ve done to my heart” he spoke in a hushed tone. The rasp in his voice made my throat ache.

Then he titled my chin to meet his gaze and I almost wanted to cry at the small gesture that was his and only his.

We just stood there, looking at each other for a moment.

Harry saw the tears starting to burn my eyes and I saw the pain inflaming his chest.

Then he took my face in his beautiful hands and pressed his red lips to mine in a long-waited kiss.

His warm breath wove through my mouth and slithered around my body, pulling me closer to him. His tongue moved with mine urgently, but so naturally. It felt like a millennium since we had last tasted each other.

Harry wrapped his arms around my slightly trembling body and pulled me to his chest. And I realized just how much my body had been aching for his. How my breasts fit tenderly to the contour of his precisely carved chest and abdomen muscles. We really did fit together like an old puzzle.