ch.25 Come inside

I opened my eyes to the sound of slow, peaceful breaths swiveling down my neck and back and the feel of warm hands stroking my hair.

I shifted slightly and Harry tightened his arm’s grip around my waist. Quickly, I turned around and took his face in my hands, kissing his lips, his sleepy eyelids, his soft cheeks, his cute dimples. I wanted to make sure he was really here with me, that I wasn't fantasizing the way Harry's  dark curls rested atop his head, the way his fingers curled around mine and his warm breath fanned the nape of my neck. He was real and he was here, with me.

“Good morning to you, too,” he smiled sleepily as he pulled me even closer, until our bare chests beat in sync.

I smiled.

Harry's eyes opened and closed slowly as he watched me carefully. A soft smile swam onto his face.

We were both quiet a moment, enjoying the golden sun glazing through the sheer ivory-white curtains as we lay calmly.

“I have to take you home,” he spoke slowly, disappointedly as reality set in.

I shook my head. “Why? I’m already home,” I corrected him and smiled hopefully.

The corner of his lips went up in a shy grin. “I know, baby,” he whispered against my cheek. “But I mean back to Danny,” he explained softly.

I shook my head even more, like a child refusing to go to the doctor’s. Harry laughed lightly and I felt his chest move up and down, sending the vibration to my heart.

“You’ll have to drag me out,” I stated stubbornly, scrunching up the covers up to my neck.

Harry laughed even louder now.

“Drag you out? After how long I’ve waited to get you in?” he shook his head in complete disbelief- as if I was asking him to sell me as a lab rat to a mad scientist.

He leaned down close to me, moving a lose lock of hair from my cheek.

“It would be easier and less painful to stab myself in the heart,” he spoke slowly, like he was admitting a dark secret.

I looked up at him with wide, frightened eyes. I hated when he joked about his life, acting like it would be over in a matter of days so there was nothing much to fret about.

Quickly, I sat upright in bed and pulled the covers up to my chest as I searched around for my bra and dress.

I saw my red dress from that night- peeking out from one of his drawers. I blinked a few times to clear the unpleasant images. I didn't want anything to ruin the past few, warm, happy hours with Harry. 

Harry got up and picked up my stray clothing. I reached for my bra, but he held it behind him. Now it was his turn for a little fun and games.

“I’d like to put on what I took off,” he declared with a wink.

I rolled my eyes in playful annoyance.

Harry knelt down close to the bedside and lowered the covers which I had been grasping quite firmly over my chest.

Gently, he moved my hair to one side. He slid my bra on much more slowly, but just as carefully as the way he had taken it off last night. He pressed the fabric against my breasts as little more than needed and I could almost hear him smiling as he did this.

“Now I see why playing dress-up is so fun for girls,” he whispered by my neck as tugged the straps up to my shoulders and fastened the back piece.

I smiled at the ground.

Then he picked up my dress and knelt down on his knees, holding it out as I stepped inside. Harry smiled as he pulled it up my legs smoothly, until it rested on my hips and clung to my chest.