twenty. stay safe

[ chapter twenty ]

" WELL HAVEN'T YOU BEEN TAKING YOUR FUCKING TIME? " Aonung responded with much aggression and sarcastic amusement towards the oldest's late arrival

" Well haven't you been so pressed? " Arwani hurriedly jumped off her ilu, handing a rope to Lo'ak to further use her Ilu to pull the machinery from the tulkun's body. Wira took her chance to jump too- " Help us out, asshole! "

" Excuse me? "

" Wira, don't swear! " Lo'ak said between his bared teeth. " You taught me that! "

" Quit it already! " Tsireya shouted through her heavy breathing and gritted teeth.

The older girl's feet effortlessly leaping further, her steps chasing the time that they had with sudden human ships rushing their way. And if those ships had expression, Arwani could imagine them frowning and smiling through their brows with a hungry glint.

Whipping out her sword, Aonung released his grip first a bit too afraid to get his fingers accident chopped off. Judging by the brute force Arwani had by only whipping it out. " Watch it! "

" You, shut up! "

Swinging it then it came stuck to the beeping piece. Adjusting her angle a bit before helping the rest pull, which in a matter of seconds managed to pop the machinery out.

The rest plunging backwards into the water as they chased time to go hide, " Arwani ! "

They rest fled the scene, " Go, go, go! "

The healer tossed it to Neteyam, as she ran forward from Payakan's body whilst putting away her father sword. Jumping onto his ilu, behind him before diving in with the rest of them all.

Muttering a few words to him that she doubted he'd actually hear her. " You still owe me that story ending. "

But the girl, grab of hold the metal item. Taking it away from his grasp and throwing it into the sea, and the harsh waves flew through her hair as she looks back. Seeing robots and armed machinery, swift and efficient, right under their tails.

Her ginger then pointed to the thick patches of seaweed, her Neteyam jumped off suddenly. Merely missing her hand as he reached for her, using his might to pull her into his embrace before swimmer away.

Her dark teal skin almost camouflaging with the plants surrounding, the two heavy cautious with the abrupt flashing headlights. Her eyes searched hurriedly for any near air pods for the boy besides her to catch her breath.

Her paddles soft yet fast enough to be unseeminh to the predators that lurked around them. Hand holding his firmly, pulling hin to the sight of her male cousin that comes to view.

His tail suddenly wrapping leg, his hands dragging her out of harm's sight. The Omaticayan boy begging himself to hold his breath just a little longer, his eardrums filled with the sounds of his heartbeat drumming his veins.