ten. cousin talk

[ chapter ten ]

EVEN WHEN STILL MISSING HOME— for the thousandth time say, Neteyam actually liked it here

EVEN WHEN STILL MISSING HOME— for the thousandth time say, Neteyam actually liked it here. A lot too.

As the oldest child, he still had to tackle all of the responsibility of watching over his siblings but here it was lifted a little. Even if had thought about it before hundreds of times— still, he first mentioned it because he was grateful that now he had time for his own. He never got scolded for Lo'ak's behavior once arriving to the village until today, which was long in his books.

Yes, it was a bad thing to do and overall a mistake to make especially since this isn't their territory but it felt nice to join in the trouble. The punches were purely releasing his long term stress— and when his dad sided with them, he felt like a kid again.

He also felt alive when spending his time with Arwani— he blinked in thought, looking at the girl beside him.

The two of them were sitting on the dandy ground, the backs leaning on the same tree. They both had spent their time talking, just talking with moments of silence that were accepted and understood of. It was simple talking to her really, but at the same time it wasn't.

The eclipse was about to take place— ironic how he seems to catch her in times like this. Her stared at her from the corner of his eyes, she was humming mindlessly whilst her focuses on the tiny flowers between the grass and sand. Her tattooed hands, moving in gentle motions and her fingers looked as though she was tugging on strings.

Arwani always seemed to have a back with complimenting things, pointing out their beauty or their wonderful things that make them unique or itself; she'd compliment unaware people that she had been staring finding them in good qualities. And most of all, Arwani would compliment him.

And it drove him a little bit nuts. How she complimented him— for his looks, comparing them to the mightiest of beauty within the nature of this planet. For his soul, saying he was beautiful on the inside. And even for the smallest things like habits that she found adorable of him and even things that he considers flaws of himself— and she'd do it so naturally, complimenting him.

So oblivious to the words that she speaks to him, and truly it made him shy.

And he has realized that he has feelings for the the older girl, but would he confess how she makes him feel and his oh-so crush on her? No.

He swallows it and fights it. Because truth be told, Arwani has referred the boy as her friend and she might see him as a friend only. She might not reicorporate those feelings of his— there's ways to overcome it of course, like making her fall for him but Neteyam knows nothing of courtinh and flirting.