prologue

𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓

𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓

ARWANI wouldn't say she's that much different from the kids of the Metkayina clan. She lives by the sea like them, act like them, work like them and speak and connect like them.

There wasn't really that much of a difference to her, but to other kids? Definitely.

Apparently, no matter how kind or cheerful or helpful she was to the elderlies, no matter how well she was at weaving nets or clothes or jewelry made from shells or broken corals by the reef; no matter how good she was underwater with exceptional skills- it didn't really matter to those kids. It didn't matter if what they said to her was mean or rude, or soul-crushing. 

Arwani was the outcast

A daughter to a sea-witch mother and an outcast father exiled from his own clan from before, it gave them a valid reason to be treating her as such.  Although with all that, it's the opposite of it all. 

Her mother was a strong, fierce woman who's intuition was stronger than boulder that existed- although she is endowed with short-comings and flaws that does  screw Arwani over. She believed her mother was far from a sea witch. And, her sweet old man. Her father, the sayings of him being exiled from his clan are simply false. He came to Awa'atlu searching for a new life that was more accessible to him after an accident had caused him to go deaf

Even when Arwani knows that everything that the kids her age ( who were all boys, because the time their generation had been born, Arwani was the only girl ) would say are false, completely wrong- was never ever true in any sense; it still hurts. 

To explain it better, Arwani has the case of wallowing weak heart ( a heart too soft for this world, a heart too sensitive to face challenges and it will only trample her- something that will forever hold her back from ever succeeding- let alone surviving.  ) : quoted exactly from her mother, Anaera. 

She was 9. And something terrible had happened to her. 

No, no, no, no. Nothing anything unspeakable, no harmful acts were done to her. However, that hurt, that teasing wasn't aimed at her body or her face but her soul- and hearing a nagging figure telling her to move on already and let what has happened pass like the wind, does not help.

But that's fine- Arwani's older now, an adult. Still having to complete her iknimaya with a few little more task, she'll be fine. 

The ocean listens to her, so it lifts the heaviness swelling in her chest. Not that she sobs to it, or tells it her struggles- the ocean understands the rumbling of her mind, by her just sitting silently and mindlessly near the water.

So maybe she was a little different, a little odd- she has her perks of a sensitive heart. And she'll  use that to guide her, help bond and mend relationships. And perhaps lead some people down a path where their eyes would be opened, and their ears would twitched- needing to hear her words that they so longed to hear. 

And yes, that includes the eldest son of Toruk Makto- unpack it all with him as he observe the pearlescent specks in her eyes. 

1

1. After the Storm, Kali Uchis. 2. Blondie, Current Joys. 3. When you're gone, the Cranberries. 3. Silver Soul, Beach House. 4. Louise, TV Girl. 5. Ode to the Mets, the Strokes. 6. Step on me, the cardigans. 7. Selfless, the strokes. 8. Mrs. Magic, Strawberry Guy. 9. this is me trying, Taylor Swift. 10. How to disappear, Lana Del Ray. 11. End of Beginning, Djo. 12. Cinnamon girl, Lana Del Ray. 13. When the sun hits, Slow dive. 14. Break, Alex G. 15. Need 2, Pinegrove

WARNINGS !
- warning! war, violence, weapons, swearing, destruction, kidnapping, conflict, neglection, bullying, trauma, & men.

THEMES !
- friendship, adventure, hints of comedy?, familial themes, mutual disliking to lovers, generational trauma, family conflict, mother nature, comfort/trust romance, and a sensitive ass protagonist.

author's note
- hi yalls. 

[ edited 20.05.2024 ] 
- guys is tsaheylu ( that weird bond thingy ) the equivalent of sex? or connecting to each other just makes two na'vi mates and getting pregnant is whole other process? cuz in this re-write i wanna include that but unfortunately, i don't want kids to get pregnant shit. but like im aging them up to their late teens. like think 17-19 so, yeah but taht's still foockin weird. would that be acceptable? I dont want to make people pregnant guys 8-8