three. lessons

[ chapter three ]

IN ALL HONESTY, Arwani thought Eywa had turned her back against her

Because first of all, why? Arwani had joined the rest of the group for lessons as planned, then further seeing the swimming skills of new people- in short words, awful. Their breath is too fast and too heavy for the waters.

Tsireya, Aonug and Arwani really needed to teach them the basics. With Wira, Arwani's sister; well, just playing around with her newly found friend- the youngest of the Sully's.

The eldest girl had suggested a plan. Commonly known to be the moreover brains between them three, Arwani opted for an individual one-to-one learning where they would be paired- she thinks it would be best. The girl didn't feel the need to pair her male cousin to any of the guys- afraid Aonug will foolishly and unknowingly start a war with his unfiltered mouth, so she recommended him to be paired with Kiri.

After seeing the girl doing well underwater in her own world, Aonug wouldn't have to struggle and lose his patience so much. So one problem is solved.

Then, she paired herself with Lo'ak, the younger brother and Tsireya with the elder, Neteyam. The younger girl wouldn't struggle so much getting along with the older boy, as he is the same age as her brother and Arwani wouldn't have to face him; plus from the looks of it- Lo'ak seemed like the type to be motivated out of spite, which Arwani could do with no problems. And Neteyam seems to prefer Tsireya's presence better than hers.

And for Tuktirey, not only will Wira be mainly teaching her but the older ones would alternate between each other, so the younger could better be caught up in the lessons - Wira can get distracted sometimes - .

Wira seemed fond of this idea and Aonug didn't think it was bad.

But Tsireya had different preferences.

" So, we'll be paired up to help you out more. Aonug and Kiri, your other sister with Wira and us, me and Lo'ak and finally, Neteyam and Arwani over here. "

The older girl sworn she almost severed her neck but how sharp and quickly did she turned to face the younger. Tsireya just gives a smile, a cheeky smile- oh, she knows what she's doing.

" What? " Innocently, she says. Arwani just looked at her with her lips formed in a line, but just shook it off. Clearly, she has had it- like mother, like daughter.

How she distinctly remembers how her aunt outed her in an exact way.

Arwani just took a deep breath, relaxed. She advised her sister, " Wira, take care of her and yourself. "

" Sure! " Her sister, smiled brightly then panned her attention to the youngest Sully- blatantly ignoring her older sibling so stood there a bit awkwardly. Her mind was yelling for help, as she couldn't predict her interactions with her partner to painfully dry and tense.