sixteen. show me how

[ chapter sixteen ]

A FEELING HAD NESTLED comfortably in his stomach, an uncertain one

A FEELING HAD NESTLED comfortably in his stomach, an uncertain one. He's quite sure of it. It wasn't good at all, very a guilty one— and it had comfortably made its spot inside his body to fill him with compelling thoughts to soon drown him.

Neteyam didn't deserve someone like Arwani, that's what had been told to him by himself. He was very grounded with the thought; for one the Omaticayan boy wouldn't exactly be enough for the lady.

His parents expect of him, his siblings depend on him and the safe normalcy that is considered the basic standard of relationship cannot be achieved by him. Had he soon realizes that.

The only reason why he met her in the first place was because of his family running from danger. His family is in danger, his parents had discuss none of this to their children.

However, the eldest wasn't one to be fooled. He has knew and he has acknowledged this. And if time had come for him and his family to leave, he cannot ask for Arwani to follow him and leave her home nor could he bare to leave her be either.

He didn't think it was right since that possibility existed.

" You're drowning. " The voice besides him suddenly spoke. It had pulled him back to reality. Neteyam's marigold eyes darted around for a little while, basking in the reality laid in front of him.

He and the older girl laid on a flat rock, their wet backs colouring the grey rock a darker shade. Their gazes directly focuses to the sky in its glory. White hints of glowing specks that simply reminded the blue-skinned boy of the pearlescent hints residing in Arwani's eyes.

" May I save you? " The healer voiced spunning her head to her left, to just see the boy already staring at her. The two had abruptly spent their time with little small harmless chats as well as being consumed by the comfortable silence.

" Can you save me? " The boy with suns for eyes looked back into her eyes, her grey eyes— the same he could decipher for when he first laid eyes on them.

The sounds that occupied them were only the sounds of their breathings and the glowing waters. In a soft voice, the most quiet of them all did she use to speak to him— " Well, I have trust, do you? "

He sighed, turning his gaze back to the dark sky. Arwani kept her eyes on him, as patiently waits for him. " Do you ever if you're ever enough? Ever not a danger?"

" Loads of time. " Arwani turned her positiin to lie on her stomach, their bodies together now we're much closer. As she sinks her face into her folded stripped arms. " Describe it to me. "

" I'm conflicted, Arwani. " He solemnly said, " I just want to stay, I don't want to go anywhere.

" Then stay. "

" I know I can't. If fate changes, then I must leave. I must leave- that will be my decided decision. " He said, almost no life in his voice. She frowned at that.