11.

Khalo

I jumped back immediately when I heard Tsireya's voice.

"Eywa! Tsireya don't scare me like that." - "Us", corrected Neteyam.

I rolled my eyes. It's not like Neteyam wasn't able to see her.

"Come on. Don't act like you aren't in public." She giggled. "I'm gonna find Kiri. Time to spill the tea." She walked past us, smiling from ear to ear, as if it was her who just kissed Lo'ak.

I was kissed. By Neteyam. Neteyam kissed me. I kissed Neteyam. Neteyam and I shared a kiss.

"Khalo." I felt Neteyam place a hand on my cheek. You always say, It's been like days since we arrived here, but it's been a while. Like a couple of months." He smiled at me.

"I know. But it feels like you just arrived yesterday. And why are you so out of context? Shouldn't we be more talking about-Well, I don't know-" I said, or I tried to say what I wanted to say? Didn't really work out.

"This is why, Khalo." He said it in a soft tone.

Neteyam & Khalo

Khalo looked up at Neteyam; his blue eyes locked in the yellow ones of the taller one.

"What is the reason?" Khalo said in confusion.

Neteyam smiled.

"Forget it." He said as he leaned in again.

This time, Khalo had the chance to place his hands on Neteyam's neck and actually kiss him back as the taller one's hands traveled down to rest on Khalo's waist.

"Neteyam." Broke Neytiri's voice the moment.

Once again, Khalo and Neteyam flinched back, acting like they had done nothing. Nothing that could upset Neteyam's mother.

"Your father and I want to talk to you." Neytiri said, her look switching between Neteyam and Khalo.

As Neteyam wasn't moving, Neytiri ordered him again to come with her.

"We want to talk to you now. And alone. "

She started walking, with Neteyam closely behind her. "I'm sorry." He signed with a big smile on his face as he saw how flustered Khalo was.

As soon as Neteyam and Neytiri arrived at their tent, Jake stood up.

"Where were you?" Neytiri spoke with a sharp voice, not giving Neteyam one moment in which he wasn't watched.

"Yeah, what happened to keeping an eye on your brother?" Jake added.

"Sorry Sir." Neteyam looked down, ashamed that he was here once again. Blamed for letting his brother out of sight.

"Where were you?" Neytiri repeated, now with an even sharper voice. Jake looked shortly at Neytiri, not missing the fact that Neteyam wasn't able to look either of them in the eyes.

"Don't tell me you were with that Khalo boy again." Jake said in annoyance. He felt disappointment growing in him. He expected more from Neteyam.

Neteyam was having some kind of déjà vu. He felt like he had already had this exact conversation.

"Sorry, it won't happen again."

"I want you to stay away from Khalo." Jake dropped, turning away, ready to leave Neteyam alone.