7.

Khalo

Khalo was avoiding Neteyam for the last few eclipses, and Neteyam knew that. But instead of trying to get to talk to him, Neteyam also ignored him. He would rather die, then get Khalo into trouble, and Khalo may have should noticed that, but he didn't.

Khalo was sitting with Ao'nung in their tent, preparing some decorations, for the upcoming hunting fest. The both of them ignored their little fight, and acted like nothing happened, it was their way since they were little. After fights, they pretended that everything was fine.

Maybe it was not healthy, but it worked, and that's all that matters, right? Khalo thought to himself, while he threw the finished product to his brother.

"When mother and father said 'Don't hang out with that Sully's kids' they didn't mean to just ignore them." Ao'nung then dropped, catching it.

Khalo rolled his eyes. Feeling very annoyed.

"What do you care?"-"You're my twin, I care about everything that you care about." Ao'nung said, ignoring Khalo's sharp voice.

"Stop acting like that." Khalo stood up to get new material. They were working on some tents, they could easily build, and rebuild.

Khalo tried to not look at his twin, what was really hard, when it came to a two men work part.

"Acting like what?" Ao'nung said, after Khalo sat back down.

"In one moment you're like 'You really like that Sully boy, ew, how could you, Eywa you're so disgusting, what could you even see in this half demon Na'vis' and in the next you're like 'Why are you staying away from that sweet caring Sully kids, I thought you like them, you don't have to stay away from them'" Khalo said, imitating a higher voice when it came to Ao'nungs part. The imitated one rolled his eyes.

"I never said they are 'sweet and caring'" Ao'nung said, tightener the rope around the two peaces of wood.

"Well, you sounded like you thought that." Khalo grinned.

"Just go with Tsireya when she wants to hang out with Lo'ak the next time" Ao'nung said, before they continued to work in silent.

"What the Eywa am I doing here?" Khalo mumbled to himself, walking with Tsireya to the Sully's tent.

"I'm glad you came with me." Tsireya smiled, waving at her friends that walked past them.

"You're not doing anything with them since the Sully's arrived." Khalo said, only realizing that fact by now.

"They don't like Lo'ak very much, they think he's a freak." Tsireya said, sounding kind of sad. "Their loos."-"And yours because you just ignored them for the last time." He rolled his eyes. "Well, I'm going with you right now." He pointed out, shortly before they arrived at the Sully's tent.

"Do you think they're mad at me?" Khalo asked anxious. "No, I think not. Neteyam kept asking how you're doing, you know?" Tsireya responded, giving Khalo a short smile before they went into the tent.

"Tsireya, wanna play with me?" Tuk rushed directly to them after they entered. "Of course." Tsireya said following Tuk. Leaving Khalo alone.

Khalo stopped at the entrance, looking around. Kiri was talking to her mother, while Jake was nowhere to be seen. Lo'ak was sitting in the corner talking to Neteyam. He sat next to him, sharpening his knife.

As soon as Lo'ak noticed him, he stopped talking, what made Neteyam turn around.

"Hi." Khalo said. "Hi." Neteyam responded, turning back to Lo'ak.