8.

Khalo pov

I was getting the last few things in place, before I went to search my brother. It was the festivals' day, and everything was in last preparation before it was ready to start. The last Na'vi arrived from the hunting and the families came together for the last time before. It was a little ritual at our clan, Before a fest the families had a short meeting to approach it together. But that wasn't the reason I searched for Ao'nung. I searched him because mother gave me the task to get the Sullys with Ao'nung and Tsireya. Tsireya was nowhere to be seen, and Ao'nung was coming back from the hunt.

"Come on bro, we need to get the Sully's." I said, when I finally found him. " Why can't you get them alone?" Ao'nung whined, passing his fish to the next one following me.

"Mother said, "They don't know the ritual, just get them here when the horn is blown. Together." I'm just following what she said." I responded, ignoring if Ao'nung was able to keep up with me. He was a faster climber, but when it was about walking, I was the one to be faster. Even though I never cared.

I passed a few tents, before grandma came towards us, heading to our family's tent. She nodded at us, before passing us without saying anything.

Weird, I thought, Usually she at least says hello. What ever.

"Ready?" I asked, when I entered the Sully's tent. Fitting perfectly, as the horn was blown"Yes." Neytiri responded first, with Tuk on her arms. Jake was right behind him, and Neteyam, Lo'ak and Kiri were again in their corner, looking like spilling tea.

They stood up in sync.

"It's gonna be great." I smiled, grabbing Neteyam's arm, signalizing the others to follow us. Well, I could've left Neteyam just be at the place where he was, but I like physical touch. With him.

I felt how Ao'nung was staring holes in my back as we walked to the fest, but I honestly couldn't care less. It was his problem on what he thought about Neteyam, not mine.

But besides that, I decided to let Neteyam's arm go, just walking next to him now.

"How is the fest?" Neteyam then asked me, after we passed a big group of Na'vi, who made space for us to walk through. It was always like that. Be the chief's son and you can pass anything, or anyone.

"I don't really know how to describe it." I admitted. "But with this fest, we are thanking Eywa for everything she gave us. Live, Food, the Tulkuns. Just everything." I smiled at him.

"You're weirdly happy today." He commented on my good mood. "Well, I think it's a beautiful day."

It was dark by now. Many Na'vi were dancing, a few were eating, and the others were sitting around the little fire talking. I was sitting with Tsireya, Neteyam and Lo'ak a little away from the groups talking.

"You know, when I was little, I always used to eat these." I said, handing Neteyam my favorite fruit. I never cared to ask for its name. "Mom always told me not to, but when I was with my grandma, she gave them to me in secret." I said while I ate.
Neteyam looked a little disgusted on the weird looking fruit. "I know it looks weird, but just eat a bit. Trust me."

He gave me a questioning look before he took a bite of the fruit. Making a grimace.
"It's like-" He wiped some leftovers away, "The worst thing I ever ate."

I laughed. "I like it." I said, taking the rest of the fruit out of his hand, eating it myself. "You just don't have taste."

"I would say, you don't have taste. You're-" Neteyam said, stopping directly when a girl came towards us, stopping in front of him. It was Alíka.