Chapter 15

Mother is setting the table and Alfie sat by the coffee table talking on the phone while I waited for Lewis. Kal’s question still bugged me. I’d declined because Mother and Lewis had told me to keep my distance of both boys.

Cyril’s was no problem but Kal? He seemed to pull me to him. I watched my phone expectantly, he had not sent texts like he normally does, so I texted him.

'Hey?' Simple as that. He didn’t reply though 'I’m sorry.' I sent again 'Say something, anything.' I kept texting. 'Caleb come on' I started feeling very uneasy.

'What do you want me to say, Angel? I made such a great plan for you.' He finally sent back. I let out a loud sigh.

"Orla, are you okay dear?" Mother asked me and I met her eyes nervously.

"I’m not exactly." Why the hell did I just say that? I’m I’m okay, perfectly okay. "Mother, my best friend, Kendal, want me to stay over at her place at weekend for studying cause her cousin is quite…busy training." How I fabricated the lie so easily, I do not know.

"Is that why you’re bothered?" Mother asked and my brain was all about 'Kal'.

"She is quite…poor at English and I’m great at it, I worry for her." I’m on fire tonight. At least that wasn't a lie.

"If that’s the case, you can leave. I don’t want to be the reason Kendal won’t graduate and after tests and exams I would like to meet her." She demanded and I was very happy.

I went to her and gave her a hug. "Thank you mother, I’ll be leaving early tomorrow." I replied and she smiled.

I went upstairs to go and pack. I'd packed a few things that was good for a road trip and some books, just in case. It’s a handy back pack. I’d finished with packing when my eyes found my picture with Lewis and I in it.

It brought a small laugh to my lips. He had iced-cream  on his nose and Jaw and I was laughing my heads off while he ticked me then I decided to take a selfie.

I miss him so much, a small deep chuckle echoed behind me so I jumped and met Lewis, he cleared his throat and unbuttoned his shirts first buttons. "You look crazy in that picture." He commented and I adjusted my hair.

"Mother told me about you leaving to Kendal to study." I’ve never gone through a lie to Lewis so I kept quiet and replied with a nod. "I’m not against your leaving, I just hope you’re going anywhere but where Kal is." I gave another nod not meeting his eyes. "I trust you not to." He added quietly before sighing then he came to sit on my bed and laid his head on my laps.

I was shocked very honestly, then he took my hand and put it on his head then on instincts my hand moved and my fingers went through his hair. He sighed very relieved. "I miss you Cupid, I miss us talking and playing, I miss braiding your hair in styles." He said quietly.

I felt tears gather in my eyes “I’m sorry, Lew.” I croaked out, then he looked up at me and caught my tears.

"I know Orla, Alfie and I talked. He said it was reflex of not wanting you to grow up and you know….pop your cherry.” He whispered he hatter and I smacked him playful.

"Lew!!!"

"I miss you calling me Lew. As I was saying I reacted because you are growing up and soon all your attention on me would shift to that…guy, who ever he is. Alfie said he felt the same when Lexi started dating and soon learned to live with it. I'm still adjusting but I will try and learn to live with you growing up on me." I now smiled.

"Okay." I simply said.

"Can I stay here tonight, like a sleep over?" He asked and I shrugged.

"You’ve never asked and you don’t need to." Was my reply before putting the picture away and putting my back pack on the floor.