Chapter 4

A teenage girl, around my age, opened the door and the heat that rushed in my face was unhealthy. It smelt of booze, alcohol and different types of perfume. I headed straight for the kitchen but immediately regretted it.

It's barely eight p.m and people were drunk some where making out, some actually going at 'it' on the counter, many others dancing and grinding each other. I didn't even know who owns the house or threw the party. But the fella's seriously rich and doesn't care if all this was happening in their house.

"Oh my gosh, Cupid!" Bridget shrieked as soon as she saw me. Some drunk loon holding her waist.

"Bridget, how are you?" I asked her over the loud music and she just touched my hair.

"Cool, you look sexy like this." She shouted over the music.

"Yeah, Lew chose this." I told her and she rolled her eyes.

"Fine. Come and dance with me." I was about to reply when I left that sensation of someone staring at me intensely. I looked around but found nothing.

"What is it?" Bridget asked looking behind me.

"Nothing, just go on without me." I told her and found my way to the fridge to get water but it as all beer, no water, so I took out a bottle. I felt am arm encircle around my waist and I turned to face them and met Cyril smiling down at me.

"Hi." I greeted.

"You came."

I nod getting out of his arm not a second after I saw Claudia over his shoulder.

"Claudia." I called and she turned to me then her eyes widened as she came to me.

"Oh goodness Cupid-Reid, Bridget was right, you look fucking sexy." She goshed and I giggled. I could feel Cyril's eyes on me so I decided to send them off together.

"Cyril, why don't you go and dance with Claudia. I'm quite tipsy as it is." I told him and his face held an expression that basically screamed 'why?'

"I want to dance with you." He stated bluntly and my eyes widened.

"Oh goodness, Cyril. I need to use the loo, Okay?" He stared at me for a while as of to tell me he could see through my lie. He turned to Claudia after giving me a small nod.

"C'mon Claudia." He said to her taking her hand. I fought my tears and left to the stairs but there too teens were making out and touching each other. I went all the way up and watched from there, I could see Bridget grinding whoever it was but he was a jock and Cyril and Claudia seemed to be enjoying themselves. I closed my eyes tight.

The air up here is breathable. I finished the beer quickly. I was too lazy to go get another so when it was about thirty minutes I stood up but felt dizzy so I sat back. I stayed there till the girl that opened the door for me came to me.

"Hey, Elm....Orla?"

"Yeah, who's asking?" I said, well slurred.

"I'm...Kendal Theophilus." She said and I think I gave a nod. Then she sat beside me.

"How do you know me?" I asked and she laughed.

"Oh I know you alright. We don't have to go into detail. Let's just say I'm a secret admirer." She confessed and I could see her blush. I laughed and she did too.

"Well, Kendal it's nice meeting you." She swayed slightly as if she gave a nod or was it just me?

"Are you new?" I asked looking at her eyes.

"Kinda. I resumed with you guys this year." I managed to give an understanding nod.She had electric blue eyes.

"So you are the one that's always staring at me, ah?"