Prologue (Edited)

1 year after the battle against Broly, on the planet of Beerus, Goku and Vegeta were resting after being trained by Whis.

Goku: Vegeta, today's training was tough! (he said happily while eating)

Vegeta: Shut up, insect.

Suddenly, Vegeta stopped eating and said something to Goku.

Vegeta: You know, Kakarot, you've always been my best friend and rival.

Goku was a little surprised since Vegeta had never told him something like that before.

Goku: Thank you, Vegeta, but what's wrong? It's unusual for you to say something like that.

Vegeta: Nothing, insect.

Whis, who was observing the scene, found it very strange and decided to ask why Vegeta said those words, but not at that moment.

Suddenly, Whis's staff began to shine.

Whis: Who could it be?

Then he saw Bulma calling him.

Whis: Bulma, what do you need?

Bulma: Hello, Whis. We're having a party, and I need you to come with Mr. Beerus. Also, bring Goku and Vegeta. (She said it with a fake smile.)

Whis noticed that Bulma's smile was fake and asked.

Whis: Mrs. Bulma, something seems wrong. You appear a little nervous.

When Bulma heard that, she became even more nervous and said,

Bulma: It's nothing, Mr. Whis. Well, I'll wait for you at Capsule Corporation. (She abruptly ended the call.)

Whis: Well, I suppose I'll wake up Mr. Beerus. (He said neutrally.)

When Beerus woke up and saw Goku, he frowned but didn't say anything.

Whis noticed it but remained silent.

Goku: Hang on to me, I'm going to use Instant Transmission. (He said with a smile.)

Everyone nodded.

When they arrived at the place, an uncomfortable silence fell until Goku asked,

Goku: Is everything okay? (He asked with doubt.)

Everyone nodded with forced smiles.

Goku then noticed that Piccolo and Master Roshi weren't there, so he asked about them.

Gohan: Master Roshi and Piccolo couldn't make it. (He said calmly but with hatred in his eyes.)

Everything seemed normal until Bulma said something.

Bulma: Hey, Goku, Dende said he improved the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. Why don't you and Vegeta go train there? (She said it with a fake smile.)

Everyone insisted, even Chichi said the same.

Goku found it strange that even Chichi wanted him to go, so he said,

Goku: Well, let's go, Vegeta.

Vegeta simply nodded.

Bulma and the others wanted to talk to Dende since they forgot to inform him about the party.

Goku nodded.

At the temple, everyone was there when Goku and Vegeta entered the Hyperbolic Time Chamber.

Goku went in, but Vegeta stopped at the door.

Goku: What's going on, Vegeta? Why aren't you coming in?

Vegeta: I'm sorry, Kakarot. (He said it with a broken voice.)