.𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞.

▪️▪️▪️

▪️▪️▪️

Evangeline's heart pounded in her chest as she rushed through the grand halls of the palace, her mind filled with a mix of anticipation and worry. There was a relief too, but all through the travel as well, she could not help but worry about her father. She had always been close to her parents, and leaving them behind was a hard decision, but she knew she had to take the opportunity. She never missed a chance to visit them.

As she reached the entrance to her father's room, she took a deep breath to steady herself. Pushing open the ornate double doors, she stepped inside and froze. Sunlight streamed through stained glass windows, casting vibrant hues upon the room. There, resting on his bed was her father, King Nicholas Augustus Delacroix.

His once healthy complexion now held a pale touch, but a warm smile spread across his face as he saw his daughter enter the room. He was surrounded by a team of nurses and his Head of Security, Edward Pryce welcomed her with a nod.

"Daddy!" Evie exclaimed, unable to contain her excitement any longer. She dashed toward him, her footsteps echoing in the spacious room.

Nicholas's eyes sparkled with love and pride as he opened his arms wide, ready to embrace his daughter. "Evangeline, my dear," he said, his voice filled with warmth. "Come here, my little princess."

Evangeline's eyes brimmed with tears of joy as she leaped into her father's waiting embrace. She could feel the strength of his arms enveloping her, a comforting embrace that instantly washed away her worries and fears.

"Daddy, I missed you so much," she whispered.

"And I missed you too, my precious Evie," King Nicholas replied, his voice filled with a mixture of tenderness and gratitude. "But seeing you now, all my worries melt away."

She pulled back slightly, studying his features.

"It feels like an eternity since we last saw each other."

A mischievous twinkle in her eyes. "Daddy, it was just two weeks ago when I visited you at the castle. You do have a flair for the dramatic."

A chuckle escaped King Nicholas's lips, his eyes twinkling with amusement. "Ah, my dear, forgive your old father for exaggerating. Time seems to stretch when I'm without you."

They both burst into laughter, the room filling with their joyous voices. Evie couldn't help but feel an overwhelming sense of love and warmth in her father's presence.

"What happened? How did you fall ill?" Her voice trembled slightly, revealing her worry for his well-being.

King Nicholas's smile faded slightly as he glanced at the concerned expression on Evie's face. He reached out and gently brushed a stray strand of hair behind her ear before answering her question.