.𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫.

▪️▪️▪️

▪️▪️▪️

.P̶r̶i̶n̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶W̶i̶n̶s̶ ̶H̶e̶a̶r̶t̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶F̶u̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶E̶n̶v̶i̶r̶o̶n̶m̶e̶n̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶C̶a̶u̶s̶e̶.
___________________________________________

With a dismissive roll of her eyes, Evie brushed off the newspaper's headline on the stall and continued her morning jog undeterred. The rhythmic sound of her footsteps and the gentle rustle of leaves in the breeze accompanied her as she immersed herself in the tranquility of the surroundings, leaving behind the chaos of the media's interpretation of her accomplishments.

Despite the occasional media attention and recognition she received, she had mastered the art of leading a relatively normal life away from her home, even in a country where she had become a recognizable face.

The news of her father, the King, had not yet reached the public. The world remained oblivious to the gravity of the situation, unaware of the delicate balance that hung in the air. The country he ruled held tremendous importance in the global economy, and the repercussions of his ailing health would be felt far and wide.

The vibrant energy of the city pulsed around her, but amidst the bustling crowds, an unsettling feeling began to tingle at the edges of her consciousness.

With each step she took, Evangeline couldn't shake the sensation that she was being watched. A subtle shift in the atmosphere sent a shiver down her spine, urging her senses to heightened alertness. She quickened her pace, wondering if the media people followed her.

𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒔𝒊𝒙 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒇𝒖𝒄𝒌'𝒔 𝒔𝒂𝒌𝒆.

She was already having a headache from last night's encounter with the grey-suited man.

Just as her apprehension began to escalate, a voice broke through the silence, cutting through her thoughts like a beacon of reassurance.

"Do not be afraid, Miss Delacroix. I am here to protect you."

Startled, the Princess came to a sudden halt, turning to face the source of the voice. Before she stood a man, tall and imposing, dressed in a sharp suit that seemed to accentuate his formidable presence. His expression was stern, yet there was a glint of pursuit in his eyes.

"Protect me?" she asked confused, "The only protection I need right now is from you."

"I bring no harm, Ma'am."

"Don't ma'am me. Who are you?" She asked, a bit of caution and curiosity rising in her.

The man straightened his posture and offered a slight bow. "Apologies, Your Highness. I am Agent Reynolds, a bodyguard assigned to ensure your safety."