.𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐤.

▪️▪️▪️

▪️▪️▪️

The day of Liam Parker's funeral was overcast, matching the somber mood that hung over the gathering. Evangeline stood by Rhea's side, her eyes filled with sadness. She had taken charge of planning the funeral, wanting to give Liam a proper farewell, even though they had only known each other briefly. He gave up his life to save her and Rhea. She will forever be indebted to him.

As the ceremony began, a sea of people gathered to pay their respects. Liam's old friends from his days before becoming an Agent, other agents from Whitmore Securities stood tall, wearing their formal uniforms adorned with black armbands as a sign of mourning.

Amidst the attendees were the media personnel, discreetly capturing photos of Evangeline, who stood gracefully, composed yet grieving. Her presence added an air of significance to the event, as the public was curious about her safety after the attack on the princess. With her stood her best friend, Rhea.

Theodore arrived at the graveyard as well, walking straight to his sister. She engulfed him in a hug. He rested a kiss on her forehead and the moment was immediately captured by the media.

Damien, from the other side of the ground, watched them closely. He had a huge responsibility today, to look after the Princess and to find the attacker himself. He did not have days to waste. He could not afford that leak, not on his watch. He had to find the person and put Agent Liam's death to justice.

The funeral service continued with an eulogy delivered by the Managing Director of Whitmore Securities, Kai Blackwood. He recounted Liam's dedication to his duty and his bravery in the face of danger. He even thanked Princess Evangeline for arranging the funeral. The attendees bowed their heads in a moment of silence for Agent Liam and in support of his bravery. Then as Agent Liam was lowered to the ground, the melody of 'Taps' was played and the people paid their tribute.

As the funeral service concluded, the crowd began to disperse slowly, offering their final condolences to Princess Evangeline, Rhea, and Kai Blackwood.

Unbeknownst to anyone, the man responsible for the attack on Princess Evangeline and Rhea, dressed in plain clothes, lingered among the attendees, blending in seamlessly.

Evangeline's eyes scanned the crowd one last time before she turned to leave. That's when she saw him - the man with the sinister smirk on his lips, standing at a distance, his gaze fixed on her. Her heart skipped a beat she found something unusual about him. He then covered his face with a mask, the same that the attacker wore that day, and with a wide grin on his lips, he walked out of the place.

Her body froze with a mixture of fear and anger, and she instinctively grabbed Rhea's arm, pulling her closer. "Rhea, look." she whispered, her voice trembling. Rhea followed her gaze, and her eyes locked onto the man with a mask in the crowd.