「Chapter 17 - Haunted」

You feel the sadness hit you like a truck. River lets out a soft sigh as you both exit together. This is gonna be a long wait, but for once you have something... no someone to look forward to seeing again soon.

When you get to the Airport there is a very heavy feeling in the air. Even if you don't need to you follow the guys around. They turn in the rental car and then make their long wait through TSA as they check their equipment.

You glance at your phone and try hard to hold back the sadness seeing the time tick closer to take off for you. 

After everything you all sit down together and make small talk. Ryan is trying his best to respond to comments while talking to you, Wyatt and River do the same. 

You also scroll through and make your own comments when people start to mention you. It's a weird feeling having people check up on you on the internet like this, wishing you well. 

"So, when you get back what are you going to be up to?" Ryan nudges you.

"Being bored and tired from work most likely, " You sadly smile back, scrolling through waves of comments on your phone.

"Hey if you miss us too much maybe you should watch some of our videos!" Wyatt suggests and playfully nudges you.

"Shameless self-promo? Really Wyatt?" You laugh and nudge him away, "I don't know if I can now. That's so sad!"

"Don't worry. I will send you those contacts so maybe that will keep you busy, " Ryan reminds you. 

You nod and then frown as your phone buzzes. You know what this is this time, your alarm. As if on cue the intercom announces boarding for your flight.

"That's your flight right?" River clarifies.

"Unfortunately..." You sigh.

As you get up the guys quickly turn their attention to the goodbye. Before you say anything Ryan hugs you tightly.

"We will see you soon when Addison comes to visit!" Ryan tells you more than asks.

"As soon as she can, " You giggle at his enthusiasm as you pull away from him.

Wyatt then smiles at you and steals you for a quick hug.

"It won't be too long, " Wyatt reassures you.

"Anytime will be too long."

Wyatt nods in understanding and gives a pointed look at River. You feel your cheeks flush a little and turn to him. He embraces you and holds you tightly.

"I will miss you, Y/n. Text okay?" River whispers.

"Just texts? You are getting calls too!" You giggle and hug him back tight.

"I look forward to it, " He chuckles and when he pulls away he quickly slips something cool in your hand, "Keep it as a promise, Kitten."

He tries to keep his voice down and although he doesn't say it, you know what it's for. In your palm is the silver vine ring he wore almost every day. A promise he won't make you wait long. 

"Thank you, Riv, " You smile wide and feel tears creep at the corners of your eyes.

"Don't do that, I will make you miss your flight!" River smiles sadly and lightly pats both sides of your face. 

"Ah, hey!" You giggle and shoo his hands away. 

"You're already gonna do that, " Wyatt chuckles pointedly looking at the line for your flight.

Even if it sucks he is kind of right, you need to get going. You take a deep breath and steel yourself to leave them. As you walk away you pull out your ticket and look back at the guys right before handing your ticket over.