Chapter 8

After repeatedly hitting the thick lock on the door, the door didn't budge, and only left a few dents on the metal door. 

Frustrated, Charlie throws the chair on the door, creating another loud banging sound.

Charlie's face is full of sweat.

After seeing that, hitting the emergency door won't yield anything. He turns back towards the zombies, who're trying to make their way towards the group.

While the zombies try to push the barricade that is blocking them, the students and teachers are also doing the same.

They try to hold the barricade in place.

Luckily, the stair's space was only a three way person. The zombies can't exert much force. 

But to their dismay. The other zombie started climbing on the back of the zombies in front of them. They made the zombies in front of them as a footing to reach over the barricade where the group is.

Charlie and the other boys get some chairs to make the zombie who crawled on top of their kind to fall at their footing. 

One of the students found a floor mop on the corner and started to push back the zombies.

When Charlie saw this, he snatched it away forcefully at the hand of that student.

"Give me that thing! You f*cking wimp!* After Charlie snatched it, he removed the rag from its wooden pole by stomping hard on it.

The wooden pole now looks deadly. Its point was sharp with its wood splinter.

Now, with its weight reduced, Charlie used it to pierce the zombies eye with greater speed.

But zombies were different from humans. Getting pierced on the eyes was lethal for humans but it doesn't have much effect on zombies who don't feel pain. 

The situation can only be at a stalemate.

Time is ticking slowly as it feels an eternity for those people who can only wait to die at the hand of these zombies.

It's already been two hours since the group started a defense war against the zombies. 

With the constant attempt by the zombies to climb over other zombies just to cross over the barricade. 

The mens who first defend against the zombies are long tired as their arms feel sore. Holding a heavy chair to push back the zombie, is eating away their stamina. 

The group consisted of 35 women and 11 men. With women dominating the number in the group.

But it can only make the situation worse. 

While the zombies didn't get tired, they did. Two hours was the limit for the men in the group. 

Those armchairs are metals, too heavy for the girls to lift, left alone used to push and shoved the zombies with it.

But it doesn't mean they're entirely useless. The girls used their numbers to hold the patient bed in place that acts as their main barricade. While the men were tasked to shoved back the zombie's climbing over.

But it didn't take long until one of them made a mistake. 

The mens who are tasked with pushing the zombies, were stepping on the chairs to get in even height so that they could push them back.

One of the guys who was about to push the zombie with a chair, lost his footing.

He falls towards the direction of the zombies. And the zombie he was about to push back, now crossed over the barricade. Then hell broke loose.