Chapter 19

After having a brief emotional moment, Drake feels that he seems to forget something.

He holds his chin and stares blankly at the space, thinking hard about what it could be.

After pondering for a few seconds, Drake finally remembered what he was forgetting about.

"cores" Drake muttered the name of the thing he just remembered.

Since it was just the first day after the system descended. Drake set aside this piece of information.

Encountering this type of creature on their first day or even on their first week has a low probability or even impossible of happening. But he just happened to encounter this seemingly impossible scenario. 

Drake didn't know if he was being lucky or not. But there's one thing he knew. That he would probably die if the little dragon wasn't by his side.

Drake once again felt grateful that he was the first to finish the hundred kills and received the dragon egg.

If Drake could remember it right, generally, you would only get a core once a creature manages to step into master tier. But there are also instances where creature's would undergo mutation at common rank, creating core in advance. 

Making them far stronger than common mobs. Having double or triple stats more on one specific stat.

For zombies, their cores were always at their head. 

As for their uses? a creature's core has many uses that counting on both his hands won't be enough. 

For example, cores can be used for alchemy. It can also be absorbed by other creatures as it is. But making it into elixir would maximize the benefits one could get.

Drake felt stupid while fetching the head he kicked, blaming himself for doing something unnecessary.

Arriving at the head, he grabbed it and chopped it open.

If Drake would describe the feeling he gets while prying open the mutated zombie's head. It was like he was slashing a coconut fruit. 

Now that Drake was focusing on the bloody head. He felt sick in his stomach. He suddenly has the urge to vomit.

Before, he didn't feel much psychological burden when killing zombies. Drake felt that back then, everything felt unreal. 

But after he pried open the mutated zombie's head and saw its brain matter with black capillaries around it, his urge to vomit suddenly surfaced.

Having no time to react, his gastric juices burst out of his mouth, soaking the half-open bloody head wet. His eyes tear up as he keeps vomiting the food he ate earlier, emptying his stomach.

After having no more to vomit, he wipes his mouth clean, removing the gastric juice residue on the corner of his lips.

"G-give me water please,"  Drake said to the little dragon with a quivering voice, hearing Drake asking for water. The little dragon landed beside Drake and looked at him worriedly.

The bottle of water floated in front of Drake and caught it. He opened its sealed cap and downed the water in the bottle as he gargled it, removing the bitterness and sourness lingering in his mouth.

After no more unpleasant taste in his mouth, he drank all the remaining water in the bottle to replenish the liquid in his body.

The nauseous feelings now subside a bit.