Chapter 16

Under the dimmed moonlight, a silhouette of a person can be seen creeping silently as if hiding from something.

A shadow can also be seen silently floating just slightly above this person's head.

It was Drake and the little dragon.

After sending the two women inside, he alone remained outside. Making his sister worried about him and didn't want him to go anywhere dangerous.

But he stubbornly persuaded his sister until she reluctantly let him go.

Now that Drake has all the time he needs in his hands, he can now think slowly and carefully on everything he needs to do.

Unlike how he arrives here this early morning via the entrance gate.

He abstained from doing that this time.

Drake searches for a place with less zombies that would lead him outside. And the school fence was just perfect for his objective.

Why hadn't Drake done this when he came earlier?

Well for starters, Drake didn't have enough time to think through anything.

And he also wants to see if his sister was unfortunate to become one of those crowds of zombies in his school. Luckily the thing he was afraid of the most didn't happen.

But now that he guaranteed his sister's life, he doesn't have anything to worry for now. And he can slowly think things through.

Back to the current situation, Drake finally made his way in front of a two meters tall concrete fence.

He easily climbs over the wall and jumps down, landing softly on the ground outside.

It was now nighttime, fighting a group of zombies with limited vision was extremely dangerous.

That's why Drake avoids direct confrontation to any zombies as he might attract numbers of zombies beyond that he can handle.

And his objective this time wasn't to fight and level up. It was to loot and stockpile foods and other necessary tools he might need.

Arriving outside, Drake contemplated on whether he would ride a bike to reach his destinations but immediately dismissed that thoughts away.

Near his school, there were five convenience stores that were only a distance walk.

And if he goes further from the right about a 10 minutes ride, he would arrive at the city center where the Malls and other industrial stores that wholesaling a bulk of food items are.

If he chose the road on the left, it was the place where he came from. There are also a number of local stores and also a big open market there.

And he only looted one of the many stores and still has many unfinished stores that needed to be looted. But going back there was a suicide.

Because between Drake's house and his school, the biggest university in the region was just between the two.

Drake may manage to cross over the road to the university earlier because plenty of students in the university are luring the zombies away. But he doubts that he can do it again.

After Drake made up his mind, he chose the city over crossing the dangerous University road.

Drake estimated that he might not be able to finish looting every store he knows before sunrise.

It didn't take two minutes to arrive at the first convenience store, since it was just right outside in front of their school campus.

With the help of the almighty dragon, he didn't need to worry about any heavy lifting.