⏣Chapter 14⏣

"It was Shindo's wish that we shouldn't cry or be sad here today. In fact, he would want us to celebrate his life instead - to spend today doing something we love."

"I know that even in Shindo's last moments, he thought of all of your love for him, carrying it in his heart. So let us carry that love with us today, and every day, in their memory."

The man motioned to the unlit candles that are arranged in the front of the portrait of Shindo before the ceremony begins, with one larger candle lit and burning. This larger candle could be used by the guests to light the other candles.

"Now, we have a few candles placed up here in the front, so if anyone here has a special memory of Shindo which they would like to share, they should come up here, tell their memory, and then light a candle."

Izuku, Kaibutsu, and one other person stand a ways away, watching from afar. Izuku's face was blank, Shindo didn't love any of these fake people. They didn't know him that well, they were only his friends because he was popular.

None of them cared that his older brother no longer had any family, that he looked like he'd collapse any moment. No one else here truly loved and cherished Shindo so why are they even here.

"More people showed up than I thought,"

"They only came for their own image, they'd look bad if the didn't," Izuku clicked his tongue.

The male rested an arm on his head, "When did my Izu get so negative?"

"When I lost you..." Izuku mumbled.

"But you have me back now don't you?" He grinned.

"Yeah, I do,"

Kaibutsu stretched beside them, "Let's still some food before we go,"

After some candles are lit there is a small pause beferore they continue with the ceremony.

"Thank you all for those beautiful memories. Before we say our last goodbye to Shindo, their family has asked me to thank everybody who came today."

"I know we'll never forget Shindo, our friendship with them, and the way they made us feel about life, and ourselves, and each other. May their memory live on in our hearts and minds."

As the funeral came to a close and people began to mingle, give condolences, or leave so Izuku decided to make his presence known.

"We'll be back so stay out of view," Izuku said.

"I know,"

Izuku and Kaibutsu make their way toward the casket, people pausing and whispering as they paused by.

"Deku?" Katsuki frowned.

"Should we go over? We have to get him to come back," Shinso frowned.

They were worried for Izuku and feared what he'd do if he was left alone for too long.

"No, he's taking this the hardest, let's give him time to process everything. Besides he has that, Guy(?) inside him or whatever so I'm sure he'll be safe. He isn't alone at least," Katsuki told him.

"Alright, you know him better than me so I'll trust your judgment,"

Izuku and Kaibutsu placed violets on Shindo's casket, it was his favorite flower, and if the people here really knew and loved him they wouldn't be looking at them like that.

"You came,"

The duo turned to see an older male with bags under his eyes that could rival Shinso's, a tired smile on his face.

Izuku looked down, "I'm sorry Shiro...because of me you lost..." he clenched his fist.

The man pulled Izuku into a hug, "You have nothing to worry about, Yo didn't sleep the whole time you were gone, he couldn't. He was so worried about you that he went out to look for you every single day.