⏣Chapter 11⏣

Izuku sat curled up in Kaibutsu's lap, hugging him like his life depended on it while Kaibutsu did his best to soothe him. Kaibutsu was fuming, every time they tortured Izuku he'd mentally regress a bit for a short while due to the mental stress.

But this time? It was so bad Izuku is damn near a toddler right now. Kaibutsu had never seen Izuku so small and frail before, the only reason he wasn't rampaging right now was because Izuku needed him. His concern for Izuku heavily outweighed his anger but as soon as Izuku was ok nothing would stop him.

"Izuku you've been asleep for a while, your new friends must be worried," Kaibutsu said gently.

Izuku tightened his grip, "I don't ever wanna wake up! They're scary and they're gonna hurt me again! I just wanna stay here with you forever, please don't make me wake up," he sniffled.

"I know it's scary and if I had things my way I'd let you stay here with me but we can't do that," Kaibutsu told him.

Izuku frowned and looked at him with teary eyes, "Why not? Do you not want me here?" he teared up more.

Kaibutsu wiped his tears, "Of course I do, I love having you here but it'd be bad for you to stay here for too long. Your body needs you to take care of it, if you sleep for a long time you could die and we won't be able to see each other anymore,"

Izuku looked down, "But it's scary out there..."

"It is but you aren't alone, you have me, and you have your friends, and don't forget alllll those heroes out there. You have to be a brave big kid and tell them what's going on, if you ask them for help they will help you," Kaibutsu told him.

"But what if Shiggy comes?" Izuku frowned.

"Who's stronger? Us or the league?"

"The league..."

"Nope you're wrong, it's us, we are stronger than all of them combined," Kaibutsu smiled "You know that and they know that very well, that's why they do this. They hurt you so you'll be too scared to realize that you are stronger than them. They do it because if you knew how strong you really are you'd never let them hurt you like this,"

"Can...we really beat them?"

"Izuku what do you think the league would do if they knew about your friends?"

"H-hurt them,"

Kaibutsu nodded, "Exactly, so we have to do more than just beat them,"

Izuku immediately shook his head, "No I don't wanna do that again, I don't like doing that!"

"Then I'll do it,"

"No, I don't like it,"

Kaibutsu sighed and smiled, "Alright then we won't but we're still going to do everything else. It's time for us to be free,"

Izuku nodded, "Ok,"

"Don't worry, I won't let anyone ever hurt you again," Kaibutsu promised.

ºººººº

Izuku slowly opened his eyes and sat up from the bed, already numb to the intense pain his body felt.

Don't rush, just because you can't feel it anymore doesn't mean it isn't there. You learned that the hard way last time.

I know, I'm healing myself

The door opened and Izuku turned as several people entered the room, "I'm worried, he still hasn't woken up..."

"Deku's strong, he'll wake up soon,"

"I hope so,"

"I should have known something was wrong...he hasn't been himself ever since he came back. When I find out who did this to him..." Shindo clenched his fist.