⏣Chapter 7⏣

Izuku sat on his knees and rubbed his eyes about as they adjusted to the darkness he was currently in. He slowly got to him feet, a teddy bear version of himself tightly clenched in his arms. He looked around himself with a small frown before walking in a random direction.

Several hands crawled all over the dark and damp space before noticing Izuku's sudden appearance. They quickly crawled over to him and tugged on his clothing gently, almost like they were greeting him. Izuku smiled a bit and followed the hands as they led him toward what he was looking for.

"Has it gotten that late already?"

Izuku smiled and threw himself at Kaibutsu's massive figure, hugging him tightly as he sunk into his warmth. Kaibutsu hugged the boy back, gently rubbing his back as he smiled happy and content.

"You're like this every time you go to sleep," He commented.

Izuku sat up in his lap, "This is the only time I feel safe,"

Kaibutsu placed a hand on Izuku's head, "If you'd let me out I could make you feel safe outside as well,"

Izuku looked down and fidgeted with his fingers, "I-I can't, you'd try to fight them and then I-I'd get punished,"

"They can't punish you if they are dead," He grumbled.

"I-I can't defy them, you know I-I can't," Izuku said lowly.

"And you think your option is the best choice for us?"

Izuku gripped the hem of his shirt, "We'd be free-"

"We'd be dead,"

Izuku flinched, "I wouldn't have to be hurt anymore,"

"They don't need you alive to use you, Kurogiri is proof of that Izuku. They'd still be able to use your body to hurt those you care about. Why would you choose to die when you can choose to live?"

"I don't want to live anymore...what's the point if I'll never be happy?" Izuku practically whispered.

"You're happy when you're with me aren't you? If they are dead you won't have to sleep to be happy, we could always be together on the outside,"

Izuku just bit his lip still against all of it and Kaibutsu placed a hand on Izuku's head, "I don't want to die without fighting but if that's truly what you want then I shall honor your wishes,"

Izuku quickly looked up at him, "No I don't want you to die with me, y-you can still get away. They won't be able to take you, t-they can't hurt you,"

"How could I let you die alone? You are my brother, we live and we die together,"

"But I don't want that..."

ºººººº

"Joke Sensei said that for today we'll just be getting to know our future comrades and understanding our quirks. For now, we're just supposed to get to know the other students, and later they'll be evaluating our quirks. Our group will be working one on one with her and Eraserhead since you're a special case," Shindo explained as they headed for their building's lounge area.

"We'll help you however we can," Shinso grinned as he gave Izuku a thumbs up.

They had just met yesterday but Izuku felt as if he had known him for longer than that. The boy is very easy to get along with and Izuku didn't feel the slightest bit uncomfortable.

"Thank you,"

"No problem,"

"Do you see anywhere that doesn't have too many people?" Katsuki crossed his arms standing beside Shindo.