⏣Chapter 3⏣

Izuku sat in the corner of the room in the dark as he hugged himself and tried to remain quiet. He heard footsteps grow closer and hugged himself tighter trying to seem as small as possible.

He was trembling so much that the chain that bound his hands couldn't stop clanking together. The closet door was snatched open and Izuku's heart sank as dreed consumed him. Kurogiri grabbed the chain and drug Izuku out of the closet.

Izuku could only cry silently, he knew that once he was caught there was nothing he could do. Kurogiri drug him into a room and placed him in a medical chair strapping him in.

He then left and Izuku stared at the ceiling as he waited for today's experimentation to begin. The door opened and the doctor walked in followed by Shigaraki. He came over and picked up a needle preparing it then filled up the syringe.

"Now Izuku, why would you run away? You've been so good and obedient up until now, you really pushed our schedule back you know," Shigaraki grinned.

Izuku looked down, "I'm sorry...it hurts and I got scared so I hid," he said quietly.

"I understand but resistance only makes the pain worse. Your behavior is becoming troublesome, maybe I've given you too much freedom. I'll have to give you more restrictions," Shigaraki gave him a devilish grin.

"N-no, please! I-I won't run away a-anymore I promise! I'll be g-good, I'll do anything you say," Izuku said desperately.

He couldn't go back to that box, he wouldn't go back to that box. He'd endure as much pain as he needed to if that meant he didn't have to go into that box again. Izuku held still and bit his lip as he was injected with the dark purple substance.

Shigaraki smiled at his compliance, "Good boy,"

Izuku was released from the chair and taken to another room, one he's never been to before. The door opened and he was pushed inside, his eyes meeting multiple glowing ones.

"Let's see how well your training has paid off,"

The door slammed shut and locked as Izuku turned to it in horror. A familiar burning sensation began to spread throughout his veins and he cried out in pain.

He fell to the ground and hunched over as he threw up from the unbearable pain. His body trembled and shook violently as he wailed, his skin becoming paler and clammy.

The cages in the room were suddenly unlocked with loud clicks as roars ripped throughout the room. Izuku's eyes widened as large creatures emerged, eyeing him like prey.

ºººººº

Dabi entered the room to find a bloodied Izuku in the center of the room surrounded by large grotesque corpses. Izuku was curled in on himself, trembling and mumbling to himself incoherently. Dabi crouched down to grab him and Izuku flinched away harshly, his eyes widening.

"Hey it's alright, it's just me, Dabi. I just want to clean you up and get you in bed," Dabi said softly trying not to startle him more.

He gently hooked his arms under Izuku's legs and back lifting him up. Izuku's head weakly fell onto Dabi's shoulder as he was carried away. He was so out of it and Dabi genuinely felt bad for him.

He knew Izuku was a good kid and he probably didn't deserve this but his own personal gain outweighed any guilt he had. Dabi cleaned, groomed, and fed Izuku before laying him in bed and leaving.

The boy couldn't take care of himself at the moment so those tasks were Dabi's responsibility. It was the least he could do for bringing him here and betraying his trust. But did he really betray him if they had no real relationship or obligation to each other?