⏣Chapter 4⏣

Inko sat at her dining room table as she ran her fingers through her hair. Izuku's been missing for a month now and the police are starting to pull out. He's a quirkless kid who probably just ran away, there was no point in wasting resources on a case that wasn't serious.

Inko refused to give up, she's been spending whatever money she could to hire private detectives and find search parties. The Bakugo's offered whatever support they could but still, there was no sign of Izuku.

Inko couldn't help the frustrated tears that fell from her eyes as the looked at the papers before her. At this rate, she was going to have to move somewhere cheaper to have more money to find Izuku. She had been so stressed that she wouldn't eat or sleep for days.

She had lost so much weight and was so exhausted she looked like she'd collapse at any moment. There was a frantic knocking on the door and she picked up her phone to see it was ten-thirty at night.

She furrowed her brows and wiped her eyes as she made her way over. The only person who'd come over this late was Mitsuki but she always calls first.

"Who is it?" Inko called out.

When she didn't get an answer she grabbed an umbrella from beside the door and readied it. She jumped a little when the person knocked again and gripped the umbrella tightly. She snatched the door open ready to swing when her eyes widened. Despite the all-black attire and black facial mask, she'd recognize those dark green curls and emerald eyes anywhere.

She dropped the umbrella, "I-Izuku?"

Izuku weakly hugged her and she fell to her knees as she hugged him tightly, as if he'd vanish if she let him go for even a second.

"My baby! Oh God, my babies come home!"

ºººººº

The Bakugo's rushed down the hall to see Inko pacing back and forth in front of the hospital room. He had woken up a while ago but she hasn't seen him, right now the police are getting his statement.

"Inko!" Mitsuki called out as they reached her.

"Auntie where's De-Izuku?!" Katsuki asked.

He couldn't, no wouldn't lie about worrying for Izuku. He had been scared shitless thinking about where he was or what could have happened to him. He may have been a dick in the past but he's older now, he's matured.

After everything, he went through last year he's changed. He hadn't seen Izuku ever since they started high school, he's never gotten the chance to apologize. Even so, he was happy that Izuku was somewhere else, somewhere he couldn't get hurt.

But now he realized that no matter where he is he will always be in danger. He had thought he'd have plenty of time to apologize and make things right but he knows better. This was just the wake-up call he needed to get his shit together and tell him before it's too late.

"He's ok but we can't see him yet, not until the detective is done questioning him," Inko told them.

Mitsuki hugged the woman as Masaru rubbed her back gently, "Thank God he's ok," she sighed in relief.

Inko sniffled, "My baby...he looked so scared," she covered her mouth.

"He's safe now," Masaru smiled reassuring her.

The door finally opened and they turned to see the doctor and detective leaving the room with troubled expressions.

"What? What is it?" Inko asked worriedly.

"I think we should discuss this somewhere else," The detective said lowly.

Inko looked at Mitsuki and the group followed the man and woman to a private room where they could talk. Some sat down while others remained standing waiting to hear what this issue is.