Chapter 4: A question of what may come

The plan started off well. Miguel took Y/n to meet the others on the mission (much to his dislike), and they began venturing through different Earths in a ceaseless 'manhunt' for the very boy who sparked anger in Miguel.

For Y/n, this frustration against Miles was evident in his performance: it was mentioned that he was the original Spiderman, but since they met he's been nothing but a cluster of clumsiness and rage. It was also evident that he wasn't used to the company of another spider-person on his more 'independent' missions. But, he had to admit, he subtly enjoyed Y/n's company. They were nimble, quick, valued their time and viewed it with the utmost importance, and they even had the same web glide ability as him. These aspects left Miguel with a heavy heart, a feeling he was not too familiar with. Luckily enough the heavy pounding of his heart wasn't close to becoming evident to Y/n, and he worked extra hard to keep it that way.

Y/n, like expected, was clueless, oblivious, and only viewed Miguel as the person who somehow dragged them on for a rescue mission to save their friend; nothing else.

But, of course, the light pink blush steadily creeping up to Y/n's cheeks everytime the two of them were close spoke a different story. Sure, Y/n knew they were developing some sort of feelings... but not this quickly.

'For fuck's sake,' Y/n would often catch themself thinking, 'It hasn't even been a week...'

But finally, after a week passed of going from Earth to Earth, the two of them reached their required destination: Earth-42. The place had a... certain dystopian feel to it, one that sent vigorous shivers down Y/n's back.

"We're here..." They heard Miguel say as they were gliding together towards Miles' alternate neighbourhood. He seemed... uncertain, almost like even he wasn't sure what was going to happen next.

Was this one of those events that are going to break the canon or something?

"Can't believe how creepy this place looks," Y/n replied, looking at Miguel with a look of vague fear.

"It'll be fine, Y/n. I'll make sure of it..."

They both went quiet shortly after, but Y/n still couldn't shake the unnerving feeling of uncertainty from their gut.

(As per usual tysm for reading!!)